Installs Inc.

sysctl

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
I recently bought an HDTV monitor and decided to try Voom out, since there is no risk. I chose this path over the Dish Network $999 HDTV deal. Anyway, I signed up for Voom on 6/30. I received an email from Installs Inc. the next day stating that the installer would be in touch with me. So far, I've heard not a peep, and my install is scheduled for Monday 7/12 between 12-5. Any chance he is going to call and come? I had a fairly similar deal when I first got Direc TV about two years ago. The installer would call every day and say why he couldn't make it. I live in Rocky Mount, NC.

I've read quite a few horror stories about Installs inc on this board. I'm just behind you as far as your circumstances because I'll be purchasing an HDTV in a few weeks and intend on getting Voom. If I were you, I'd keep on top of Installs as often as possible because, more often than not, they seem to drop the ball (at least according to everything I've read).

Do some reading on the other threads; you'll be amazed at the horror stories about Installs. Lets not forget that, for the most part, the majority of the people who post are the dissatisfied (aka, pissed off) ones, and hopefully they're the minority. But again, don't take any chances; keep on top of Installs until they arrive, scrutinize their work, and beat them like a rented mule if need be.

sysctl said:
I recently bought an HDTV monitor and decided to try Voom out, since there is no risk. I chose this path over the Dish Network $999 HDTV deal. Anyway, I signed up for Voom on 6/30. I received an email from Installs Inc. the next day stating that the installer would be in touch with me. So far, I've heard not a peep, and my install is scheduled for Monday 7/12 between 12-5. Any chance he is going to call and come? I had a fairly similar deal when I first got Direc TV about two years ago. The installer would call every day and say why he couldn't make it. I live in Rocky Mount, NC.

just call install 1-888-987-3474 and asked them they should know if you are still going to be installed on 7/12/04 . Or they can give the name of the company that is going to install you and maybe you can call them to comfirm

My install had a 2 week delay

from time of sign-up. I too was afraid I had been forgotten, but two days before the install they called and confirmed, and showed up as scheduled. Good install , too.

Well, they came and installed today (same guys as my Direc TV installation). Anyway, they called about 15 minutes before they arrived. They seemed to do alright locating the Voom signal as I get about an 80-82. Howver, the OTA signal is as best in the 50s, constantly dropping to below 10. I only get 1 OTA channel (WRAL). It has been cloudy and stormy today, so I will wait a few days before I make any complaints. On a side note, the installers apparently took my DVI cable, as I couldn't find it after they left. My TV doesn't have a DVI connection, only HDMI, but from what I have read they still should have left it. I was trying to go between the guys installing a new water heater and the satellite guys at the same time so I couldn't stay on top of either. I got the Winegard antenna, and the installer said that they had been having problems getting OTA channels for customers. He went on to say that they had been looking at an alternate, bigger antenna, and had been figuring up costs etc, to send to the companies. I have an old TERK TV-52 dish-mounted antenna that I was going to use for my bedroom for OTA channels on SD, any chance it might be better than the Winegard? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)