Is Installs Inc ok?

blkhawk666

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2004
I have concerns on the company that subtracts out the installations.

I’ve seen the advice that one should call the installer before the installation date to confirm everything and to make sure they have the experience necessary to do said installation. Which makes sense considering that when I had Dishtv installed, the person sent to my house had only been trained two weeks and I was his second job!
I'm due to get my Voom installation on the 4th. Sadly, when calling Installs Inc., I was told that policy dictates they can not tell me the company they subtracted to. After pleading with them for a long time, the only thing they were willing to do is contact them for me and that it would be up to them if they wanted to call me before they came out for the installation.

I should also add that I'd received a confirmation from Installs Inc.,for the installation but it was for the wrong person and the wrong state. I found out they sent the same letter to about 250 people waiting installation. Daryl Lee, I hope you got your voom, who ever you may be!

Yes, this is current policy that they will have the installer call you. Some installers will call. Also, some people got lucky and got the information as to who was the installer. Hopefully, the installer will call you.

This policy is very one sided. It reflects the new business model that the customer is here for the business and if you fit their plan good if not go elsewhere. I will cooperate to a point. When things start going other than my way the gig is up.

Continued

The installer, Thomas, just called, an hour after I asked the installer to contact me. He was very informative and helpful. Also gave me his personal number and said to call with any questions. So at this point I am very happy. He was very honest on what to expect. He also explained that installers can be grumpy because they don’t get paid for a job until it is successful in ascertaining a good signal and picture. He has been doing installations for 5 years so he does have experience. I liked a comment he made after my remark that I’ll give him high grades on this forum for being so helpful. His remark was that maybe I should hold off till he is finished and I am satisfied with the signal and job performance! I like this guy!

The catalyst for my concerns was the e-mail confirmation from Installs Inc with the wrong name (not mine) and with the wrong installation information ie: two TVs two receivers to my order of one receiver one tv. And that I lived in Chicago where the installation will take place umm, errrr, no, I live in Los Angeles!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts