Instant Messaging

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pghpunk

Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Hello guys,

Maybe someone here can help me out. I was reading in a magazine in the waiting room at my doctor's office and I stumbled upon a little blurb that stated DTV may have an instant messaging feature in the works, allowing customers to message between themselves using their remotes.

It was only a small, paragraph blurb that outlined some Blue ray / HD - HDTV and HD Provider things, but for the life of me I can't find any info regarding this online, nor can I recall what the heck the magazine was!

I believe the magazine was from November-ish. has anyone heard this, or better yet, could anyone remind me of what magazine this was. I'll be heading back to the Dr's office later this month, so I may just have to hunt the magazine down then, but in the time being, any info would help. I'm racking my brains over this!

If this were to come about, it would likely be done through Game Lounge, as it provides a authorization scheme, they have the technology, but I don't think they would manage the execution, as they would have to provide methods to prevent abuse (spammers would have a field day, including the spam D* will no doubt send you).

I've heard nothing, and seen nothing in testing for this. If it is coming, there has been nothing mentioned. Doesn't sound like something D* would put a lot of time into developing.

I've heard nothing, and seen nothing in testing for this. If it is coming, there has been nothing mentioned. Doesn't sound like something D* would put a lot of time into developing.

QFT

To the OP: besides, do you REALLY want to have conversations with these people?

;) kidding

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts