Instant Premium Channel Ordering Coming May 11th

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Love the catchy name, and the idiotic acronym that goes with it. Why not just call it what it is, Impulse Ordering? Maybe because that’s too transparent. This is just a way to capitalize on the impulse nature of society these days. Notice the little blurb about Game of Thrones and award winning movies. Just marketing speak to entice you to buy the package on impulse. Been able to do this with digital cable now for probably 10 years or so.

Four or five years ago, I was at my mother in laws house (who was in her early 70s) and noticed she had Too Much TV, which is an On Demand service from InDemand with Girls Gone Wild type programming for $15/month. I asked her if she ordered it and she looked at me like I had two heads. Instead of contacting TWC support, I asked a TWC manager I know locally to look into it and he confirmed that the service was ordered via remote and gave me the time to the exact second the purchase was confirmed. I brought it up to my MIL and after initially denying it, then me explaining it and her having to think about it for a few minutes, a lightbulb went off and she mentioned she dropped the remote and upon picking it up accidently hit some buttons and saw some screen she never saw before and did everything she could to figure out how to get off of it and just started pressing buttons.

While the manager I know doesn’t work in sales or billing, he said just by talk about the office this ‘feature’ causes so many problems, increased call center volume and a lot of service credits, it really isn’t worth it. At a customer’s request, they will block impulse ordering.

Nothing new yet, on my set, I went to 501 (HBO) but no new ways of ordering that I see.

Or pricing .
For the years I've had Directv in the past, most new features /channels aren't usually available until after 6am on the day they are scheduled.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Last edited:
Reactions: paranoia
I upgraded my purchased vip 211's to the new purchased (WALLY"S) the other day! I do have to say the new wally is a great step up from the vip 211k. I can do the fast premium upgrade now. The new menu looks just like the Hopper 3.

The tech also told me the Wall's will not work with the Hopper. These Wally's just work with the present RG6 cable that I had with the vip211k's. Very simple setup!

So...to take advantage of any new pricing, if we're currently subscribed to HBO we'll need to cancel and then re-subscribe? Why not just give us the new pricing, hopefully?

I upgraded my purchased vip 211's to the new purchased (WALLY"S) the other day! I do have to say the new wally is a great step up from the vip 211k. I can do the fast premium upgrade now. The new menu looks just like the Hopper 3.
Sounds great, but Wallys are dishnetwork. You are in the Directv forums.

But definitely come on over and post your Wally experience in the dish threads.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: Jimbo
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)