WJAR in Western Ct.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rcodey

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
New Jersey
Last week I "moved" from NJ to Western Ct. and noticed that WJAR (NBC) Providence appears in the program guide . When I try to view the channel I get a 771 signal loss message. I believe the reason is the Providence beam doesn't reach NJ. All Hartford channels are received without problems . Do Directv viewers in Western Ct get the same message or can they see the channel ?

I though it was strange that on the Directv website they only list 3 NYC stations as significantly viewed for the Hartford DMA . WJAR is not shown. Also, I did a search on this message board and in 2014 it was noted that both WJAR and WPRI from Providence had been added to the Hartford area. WPRI is not listed in the program guide. IS WPRI listed in the guide for other Western Ct. subscribers ?

Last week I "moved" from NJ to Western Ct. and noticed that WJAR (NBC) Providence appears in the program guide . When I try to view the channel I get a 771 signal loss message. I believe the reason is the Providence beam doesn't reach NJ. All Hartford channels are received without problems . Do Directv viewers in Western Ct get the same message or can they see the channel ?

I though it was strange that on the Directv website they only list 3 NYC stations as significantly viewed for the Hartford DMA . WJAR is not shown. Also, I did a search on this message board and in 2014 it was noted that both WJAR and WPRI from Providence had been added to the Hartford area. WPRI is not listed in the program guide. IS WPRI listed in the guide for other Western Ct. subscribers ?
Check you Signal Strength on the 99 Sat, tpn 24, this is where that signal comes from.
Should be 80's and up.

A couple of Providence channels were added to the Hartford dma about a year ago. I think they are for significantly viewed reception which is only in eastern CT.

A couple of Providence channels were added to the Hartford dma about a year ago. I think they are for significantly viewed reception which is only in eastern CT.
Wondering why they brought out Significantly Viewed channels then only allowed selected cities to get them .....

Since I'm only guessing on why WJAR is there at all, who knows for sure.

99 Sat 24 Tpn shows 0 just a few miles west of NYC. I wonder show strong the signal is in Western Ct.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)