Season Record Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

misbe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2016
Gibsonia, Pa
Season record was not working on my HR 44, even after deleting and re-entering team. I recently upgraded to the HR 54 and had to re-enter all of my scheduled recordings. Season record still not working. Ugh!
Any fixes or suggestions would be most welcomed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Every now and then my Sports Team Auto record and the Auto Record Searches seem to stop picking stuff up. Usually a reboot or two will resolve the situation (this is with a HR44 though).

Having the same problem with my HR-44. Deleted and renewed, still doesn't record, even though it tells me it tells me its already doing the season record when I try to add it. Pretty sure it did the same thing last year, but I don't remember what I did to solve it.

Are you guys setting these up in the Guide, or thru the Search / Auto record ?

I do it in the guide and rarely ever have a problem ... I also record Only 1st run.

Reactions: ejb1980
My sports season recordings are intermittently stopping on my HR44 as well. Seems to be a common problem over on DBSTalk and the DirecTV forums. A reboot every two weeks keeps them going. Hopefully DirecTV fixes it soon.

Are you guys setting these up in the Guide, or thru the Search / Auto record ?

I do it in the guide and rarely ever have a problem ... I also record Only 1st run.
I can record from the guide, but I'm trying to set up a season record for a particular team. It is supposed to record first run, and as I said before, it says I have a season record, but it doesn't record unless I set it from the guide. From the other responses, it isn't just me. I just tried a reboot, but it didn't help.

I can record from the guide, but I'm trying to set up a season record for a particular team. It is supposed to record first run, and as I said before, it says I have a season record, but it doesn't record unless I set it from the guide. From the other responses, it isn't just me. I just tried a reboot, but it didn't help.
Now, if your setting it from the guide, I also set mine for the season in the guide while I'm there.
I was wondering if you guys are doing it from the Search menus, which I have never had much luck with, so I don't use it much anymore, at least for that purpose.

What I do when I want to set up a show for the season is find it in the guide, hit Info, then Record Series, select First Run, then Record Series.
I have never had an issue doing it this way.

One thing to remember, it then goes into your To Do list and you can set Priority levels for it, once it's in the To Do list, LEAVE it there.
Once the Season is over, keep it in the To Do list and the recvr will find it next season when it starts, even if it changes time or channel.

Ok, I just looked and you CAN record your Team games thru the same process that I posted a few minutes ago.
Find your next game, hit Info, then Season Record ... Is this the way you have tried ?

I haven't recorded like this, but I would see no reason for it to not work.

Actually I may have set up my football games this way and they worked fine.

Now, if your setting it from the guide, I also set mine for the season in the guide while I'm there.
I was wondering if you guys are doing it from the Search menus, which I have never had much luck with, so I don't use it much anymore, at least for that purpose.

What I do when I want to set up a show for the season is find it in the guide, hit Info, then Record Series, select First Run, then Record Series.
I have never had an issue doing it this way.

One thing to remember, it then goes into your To Do list and you can set Priority levels for it, once it's in the To Do list, LEAVE it there.
Once the Season is over, keep it in the To Do list and the recvr will find it next season when it starts, even if it changes time or channel.
I've tried it both ways. Didn't change anything when the season ended last year. The funny thing is that when the spring season games started, they automatically recorded. About halfway through, they stopped. I was hoping they would start up again when the regular season started, but no such luck.

I've tried it both ways. Didn't change anything when the season ended last year. The funny thing is that when the spring season games started, they automatically recorded. About halfway through, they stopped. I was hoping they would start up again when the regular season started, but no such luck.
Wonder if that was a software issue ?

All my sports season record just started to record games again. I did nothing to get it working. Very strange... Don't you think?

But now the dvr is slow or non responsive to remote commands.

And the series recordings now stop recording after the max number is reached instead of recording the new and deleting the old like it had been doing.

All my sports season record just started to record games again. I did nothing to get it working. Very strange... Don't you think?

Not if you left them in your To Do List when the season was over.
If the shows/games scheduled are left, they should pick up the next year.

I think mine started again as well. Not sure, I turned the game on while I was Skyping with my son earlier, and it was marked to record on the guide. I had used the guide to set games to record earlier in the week, but didn't think I had gone as far as Saturday. When we were done Skyping I didn't think to check out upcoming games, but from your statement, I think they might have finally cleaned up whatever glitch was the problem. Didn't notice any problems with the remote. You might want to reboot the box, if you haven't already. Also hope they fixed the problem of continuing to record programs when they get to the number I have specified. I had one program which was set to record a max of 5, and I had 20+ episodes when they were doing a marathon.

Not if you left them in your To Do List when the season was over.
If the shows/games scheduled are left, they should pick up the next year.
The hockey and baseball seasons were already in season when the issue started ...NOT recording automatically. Then it just started working correctly again. Just thought that was odd.

Check your Recording options ....
Recording options are the same as they've always been. For example, I keep 10 Tonight Shows. Before, I would have the latest 10 shows. It would record new ones and drop the old ones. Now, once it reaches 10 shows, it stops recording new ones. That's not how it's supposed to work, is it? And what's funny is that once the sport season record started working again, this problem started. Not accusing anyone, but I'm guessing it had to do with some update that was pushed out since I hadn't touched any settings on the dvr.

I think I spoke to soon in my last post. Season record doesn't seem to be working, again or still.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)