New HR 54 install--issues with connected Sling Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Moberly

Original poster
May 26, 2016
McKinney, TX
I had a new install of an HR 54 yesterday. The HR 54 does not have component or RCA connections for my Sling Box SOLO, like my previous unit. The tech left me with a cable that connected to the HR 54 via the AV out connection, and on the other end had component and RCA connections for my Sling Box. I did not test the Sling Box while the tech was here (my mistake). Last night I tested it and the picture quality and the sound quality are horrible. Previously, this was not the case when I connected directly via the component and RCA connections on both devices.

Doe anyone have a recommended solution or alternative to this issue?

There is a connector on the back of the HR 54 for component and composite. They provide a sort of dongle with the correct RCA connectors. You should be able to call and have one sent for free.

Yes, the technician gave me a cable that connects to the DVR via the via the AV out connection and then it have fiv cables on the other end--three component and two RCA....but the picture and sound quality is awful.

Okay, so I powered everything down, disconnected and reconnected everything, and now it seems to be working...I guess maybe a false alarm...thank you everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)