Instructions for Adding the 61.5 - revised 05/04

That's my thinking as well. AFAIK, you CAN use a DP34 after a DP+44. However, you HAVE to make sure the power inserter is plugged into the DP+44 to use the DP34. DId the installer even try to hook it up? At the very least, swapping out 2 of your DP34s for anther DP+44 and 4 seperators would be able the same $$. If nothing else, he could just use 2 DP21s connected to the 2 ports of the 921, since it is the ONLY HD receiver. Reference these guys to this forum and the Mad Scientist's thread about hooking up 5 locations. They added support for the DP34/DP21 cascade a while back.

jsb_hburg said:
I am going to cobble together my Dish HD farm: a V* dish already pointed for 61.5 and a D* dish for 110 (surplus item to be installed). I am awaiting my 811 and two SW21's.

My question is whether it is okay to connect the 110 dish to the SW21 while adjusting the 110 dish for optimal signal strength. Or is it required to have a direct connection between the 110 dish and the 811 to adjust the 110 dish before connecting the 110 dish to the SW21's.

Are you using seperate dishes? If so, it would make it easier to do a direct connect for the 110's install. Also, keep in mind that you CANNOT cascade 2 SW21s. Is there any reason you don't have a D500 with a 500Twin already?

No, the installer didn't hook up the dpp44, because he said it would short out the 2 other dp34. At least thats what advance tech told him. According to the install for the dpp44 on the first post of this thread you can cascade a dp34 and also in the instruction manual for the dpp44 it says you can cascade a dp34. Thanks for the help.

larrystotler said:
Are you using seperate dishes? If so, it would make it easier to do a direct connect for the 110's install. Also, keep in mind that you CANNOT cascade 2 SW21s. Is there any reason you don't have a D500 with a 500Twin already?

I have had D* and V* but not E*; so, I don't have a spare D500 dish, unfortunately. I found some cheap SW21's on eBay. For now, I am doing an up to two receiver installation.

I plan on using all legacy equipment to connect to the 811. I will probably pickup the DishPro over time and then do the complete swap out once I have all the DP pieces.

I am just going to get the HD channels; so, with the exception of the 811 cost, this is near "free" installation! ...without a contract...

Thanks for the advice! I will do a direct connect when adjusting the 110 dish for best signal.

I can see not cascading a DP+44 INTO a DP34. However, I don't see any problem with a DP34 into a DP+44, since the DP+44 is sending power away from the DP34 and not into it.

I got my new Dual LNB today. Hooked it up and all is well.

Voom is Great,,,, Life is good!!

Thanks to all for their help with my setup.

Yeah, I posted that about the DP+44 and DP34. Personally, I have not done it, but i have heard no problems about it. The power goes to the LNBs, it doesn't go back to the switch cascade.

I spoke with our E* rep today and he said the channels were supposed to be moving to 148 by the end of the month. I'll just wait and see as I already have a 148 dish.

Okay here is an update on the dpp44 to dp34. After 3 phone calls to dish Sunday night, got nowhere. Called Monday morning and advance tech read the install guide for the dpp44. Of course, right in the install info it says you can trunk the dp34 off of the dpp44. So rescheduled install appointment for today between 12pm and 5pm. This morning I get a call from the install center telling me dish sent out an email this morning stating that you cannot hookup the dpp44 to 61.5, 110, 119 and 148. They said that this configuration will freeze up the receivers. They tell me the install needs to be postponed untill new software is released to fix the problem. Has anyone else run in to this (freezing) problem, or with trying to get dish to install the 61.5? Suggested that I really don't need the 2 shopping channels on the 148, could they just come out and install the 61.5, in order to watch more hd. Simple answer, no, it isn't in the work order. Now I am waiting for the field service manager too call me. I would install everything myself, but hard to get on the roof in a wheelchair and with limited use of my hands. By the way I live in Washington state, somewhere south of Seattle.

I got my DP Dual LNB today and I just taped it to the DirecTV dish I got. Hope it holds :)

larrystotler said:
If you have a DP Twin or Quad- You will need an 18" dish and a Single or Dual DP LNB to get the 61.5 as well as an DP21(or 2 for 2 receivers). Connect the line from the DP Twin or Quad to the DP21 and connect the other DP LNB to the DP21. DO A CHECK SWITCH.

Thanks for the great write-up Larry. I am new to this though, so forgive my ignorance :)

I have a Dish500 and DP Twin getting 110 and 119. I was going to buy a Dish 300 with Dish pro lnb and point that at 61.5. Currently I have two cables coming out of the DP Twin. One going to a 301, and the other to my 811. I am assuming that I just have to take the cable going to the 811, put that along with the cable from the Dish 300 pointed at 61.5 into a DP21, and take that output into my 811. Then run a check switch and I'll be good to go. Is that all correct?

Followup. I've read differing things about the cost for the Voom channels. I currently subscribe to top 60 and HD pack. Will there be an additional monthly fee for the Voom HD channels?

The CURRENT price for the Voom channels is $5/month. They are supposed to add the other 11 by 1/06, and they may make you get all 21 at that point, so please keep in mind that these prices may change some.

d

i just had a dish500 installed today, can i use a new direct tv dish with
a dual LMB and a 3X4 winegard vm-3400 to get 61.5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)