Instructions for Adding the 61.5 - revised 05/04

JJSerrano said:
I have a DP Twin with a dish 500. I am adding another dish 500 with a dish pro dual lnbf. Do I have to have a dp21 or can the dual lnbf be plugged into the dpp twin input lnb. Please help
The input on the DPP-Twin is there for a reason. You just discovered it.

Keng52 said:
I have a Dish 500 system a 6000 and a 510. I have a dish 300 that has never been installed. My switch is a sw42. What do I need to install the 61.5 antenna. Can I use a sw21. Please be very basic in your description I read the above and I'm totally confused. Thanks
I don't think you have a physical SW42 :rolleyes:

Might it be a Legacy Twin (wide unit, two-eyes, two outputs)?

Yes, the SW21 should work fine.

I AM concerned that you don't have enough knowledge to aim the D300 yourself.

OK, I am getting confused with the terms dual and twin. I currently have a DP34. It is connected to a Dish 500 for 110/119 and a 300 for 148. I got the part about adding the DP21. When I go on Ebay, the LNBs I am looking at are DP Twins. They have two LNBs and only two connectors. Will this work for the 61.5 position. Possibly someone could point me to a picture of the proper LNB or to an ebay auction regardless of price, I just want to see what the LNB looks like. I have an extra Dish 300 with a single mount.
Thanks for the help.

..Doyle

Walter L. said:
Thanks for the info. I got E* installed last week and still have my VOOM dish. E* installed a Dish500 with a DPPlus LNB connected directly to 2 receivers. Based on your post, that means that my VOOM dish wouldn't be any useful. Correct?
If so, what dish & switch should I buy. where? I'm trying to figure out if it would be cheaper than calling E* and paying $100.

If they did install a DISH PRO PLUS Lnb, then you don't need a switch... it is built into the lnb.
just get a single dish pro LNB to put on the voom dish, line it up, and then run the wire into the INPUT on the DPP Lnb

DoyleS said:
OK, I am getting confused with the terms dual and twin. I currently have a DP34. It is connected to a Dish 500 for 110/119 and a 300 for 148. I got the part about adding the DP21. When I go on Ebay, the LNBs I am looking at are DP Twins. They have two LNBs and only two connectors. Will this work for the 61.5 position. Possibly someone could point me to a picture of the proper LNB or to an ebay auction regardless of price, I just want to see what the LNB looks like. I have an extra Dish 300 with a single mount.
Thanks for the help.

..Doyle

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/LNBFs.htm

DoyleS said:
I got the part about adding the DP21. When I go on Ebay, the LNBs I am looking at are DP Twins. They have two LNBs and only two connectors. Will this work for the 61.5 position.

A DP Single Dual LNB has ONLY 1 round eye on it and can have 1 or 2 ports. A DP Twin has 2 round eyes, and has 2 ports on it. The DPTwin is twice the size of the DP Single/Dual. I recommend the DP Single/Dual over a DP Twin due to simplicity, but the Twin WILL work, but it will make aiming more complicated.

Keng52 said:
I have a Dish 500 system a 6000 and a 510. I have a dish 300 that has never been installed. My switch is a sw42. What do I need to install the 61.5 antenna. Can I use a sw21. Please be very basic in your description I read the above and I'm totally confused. Thanks

Simon - He may very well have one of the few SW42s.

If you actually have the SW42, you can use an SW21 with no problem. Please verify your switch by checking the check switch screen. If it is, then you run the line from the SW42 into the SW21, and the line from the 61.5 into the SW21, and rerun your check switch. Good Luck.

OK, I got it. Looks like the ebay bidding on the lone dual is cranking up with everyone on the west coast getting setup for 61.5. If the twin will work, I may go that way, I have aimed a number of dishes so I don't think that is a problem even with the offset. I have a couple weeks before I need it since I am currently down on HD with my Theater finishing its construction. I did pick up a couple of those $3 DP21s so I should be ready to go. Hopefully sometime in the next year there will be a break in the pricing on the 942 and I can upgrade my 6000.

..Doyle

Please help me clear this up. I currentlly have the dual lnb Dish 500 antenna. Is this a legacy model ? I also have a dish pointed at 61.5 (voom). So to make this work all I need to do is get a SW21, correct? Then I can just hook them together behind the tv and I will be good to go. Am I correct?

Please check your check switch screen. I have no idea what you have. You need to tell us. If you have a 500Twin, then you have a legacy, and your receiver WILL tell you. If so, then YES, you can hook it up this way. If it is a DP Twin, then you need to replace Dish/LNB/Switch with DP models.

ATTENTION - I have made SEVERAL revisions to the original post. Please check it out if you haven't read it lately. Both here and DBSTalk's thread have the IDENTICAL post. Thanx.

I guess I needed to check the "Check Switch screen:. It's a "DishPro Conections". I was hoping this would be easy. So I just need to get a new lnb for the voom dish plus a switch. Thanks....

You are not understanding. The original post states VERY clearly that you cannot put a DP LNB onto a VOOM dish. You need a new dish with a D shaped Arm and the DP LNB.

birddoggy said:
If they did install a DISH PRO PLUS Lnb, then you don't need a switch... it is built into the lnb.
just get a single dish pro LNB to put on the voom dish, line it up, and then run the wire into the INPUT on the DPP Lnb

I'm in a similar situation as Waler L. I had a DP+ Twin LNB installed Friday feeding one 942 and one 625 directly. I also have a powered OTA antenna feeding the 942 only. I know you guys are probably getting tired of answering these questions, but from what you stated, birddoggy, I should be able to uprade the LNB on my Voom dish and run it straight into my DP+ LNB and still use the diplexer with the OTA input. Is that correct?

DSPatrick said:
I have a starband dish which I think is a D500 looking at 110º and 119º connected to an SW64 switch. Also have a legacy DirectV 18" pointed at 61.5º using a Dish 921 receiver. The new Voom channels showed up red. I had them activate the Voom channels and now I can select them but still get "Acquiring Signal" One of the CSR's mentioned that the Voom sat is close to 61.5º but is definitely a different sat. If this is the case will I need a different sat and LNB for 61.5º and ultimately a different switch?

I found the original installer only ran one RG6 from LNB to the switch. I made another cable and this fixed the problem.

birddoggy said:
Correct. I got a Dish pro Plus LNB. Now, if I get the SINGLE DISH PRO LNB, would it fit directly into the VOOM Dish arm or do I need the I-bracket?

larrystotler said:
You are not understanding. The original post states VERY clearly that you cannot put a DP LNB onto a VOOM dish. You need a new dish with a D shaped Arm and the DP LNB.

I understood perfectly what you said. I just did not convey my thoughts correctly. I have a dish 500 I used for Bell Expressvu. I just traded LNB's. Now it's all legacy LNB's. Just need to get a hold of an sw 21. Then all will be good. Once again, thanks for the help.

Regards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts