Instructions to get MRV (whole home DVR) activated for ethernet

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Don't do what I did. I activated MRV from my account online. I then sent them an email asking that they put it in unsupported mode; the reply was that they could not set it to unsupported at this point. (I do not have DECA so the service was of no use to me) I have been in email contact with them and have requested that the whole home dvr service be removed now as I can't do that from my account panel online. The assumption is that if they can remove it at this point, I can have it added again but in unsupported mode so I can use ethernet to do the whole home dvr thing. Maybe I have messed things up beyond being able to do it now. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Okay, they have removed WHDVR from my account. I guess I'll give it a go via email now. Fingers are crossed.

...email sent.

Last edited:
I don't know how you would have been able to enable it online -- unless you already had H/HR24 gear with a SWM install? If so, then the system should recognize this as a supported configuration and allow the feature to be enabled. The "unsupported" option is only to allow the feature to be turned on for equipment configurations that are not recognized as a valid supported mix of hardware for MRV. (ie, non-H/HR24 gear without DECA modules in the equipment inventory, or non-SWM installs)

If you have H/HR24s, you can get the feature enabled on your account and then use DECA *or* Ethernet to interconnect your receivers. The MRV feature just enables the function on the box -- there are no options for "enable for Ethernet" or "enable for DECA" -- it's simply "enable."

I don't know how you would have been able to enable it online -- unless you already had H/HR24 gear with a SWM install? If so, then the system should recognize this as a supported configuration and allow the feature to be enabled. The "unsupported" option is only to allow the feature to be turned on for equipment configurations that are not recognized as a valid supported mix of hardware for MRV. (ie, non-H/HR24 gear without DECA modules in the equipment inventory, or non-SWM installs)

If you have H/HR24s, you can get the feature enabled on your account and then use DECA *or* Ethernet to interconnect your receivers. The MRV feature just enables the function on the box -- there are no options for "enable for Ethernet" or "enable for DECA" -- it's simply "enable."

I have SWM with HR22 and H24, yes.

If it lets you signup online you are fine. Makes no difference to DirecTV if you are using DECA or Ethernet, it is just a $3/mo authorization charge.

For most people it won't let them add it online, unless it was a very recent install (year or less type).

If it lets you signup online you are fine. Makes no difference to DirecTV if you are using DECA or Ethernet, it is just a $3/mo authorization charge.

For most people it won't let them add it online, unless it was a very recent install (year or less type).

Thanks to all for your replies. I'll go ahead and activate it via the DirecTV site then reset if need be.

Followed the script today

The menus seemed to changed a little bit had to play around with the "look ins" to get to:

* For Topic, select "Whole Home DVR Service"

Within a couple of hours when I hit list all three Networked HD DVR's (Cat5/100MPS Switch) content were displaying and accessible.

HR21-100
HR20-100
HR23-700

Need to upgrade Model: DSR708 Do not want to extend my service commitment
Any suggestions

PS They already Adjusted the monthly bill

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)