Intelsat 11 at 43W FTA movie channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bob2011

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Hudson Valley NY
I was browsing lyngsat and there is a recent update for this satellite that shows a channel called Cityvibe East as ITC/FTA. What is interesting is that if you look at the website for this channel it looks like they show Dexter and Weeds in english with spanish subtitles. Also several recent American movies like Transporter 3, 40 Year Old Virgin, Splinter ... etc.

It is on C band so probably just for east coasters on a satellite that far east. I don't have C band but am curious if this is for real or not.

That satellite is on my "mod mount to get a little bit further east" wish list. I should get it about 17~18 degrees elevation. I'll let ya know what I find, after the mod happens (after the snow melts) Unless someone else beats me.

This same question was brought up a month or so ago.
One guy from Nebraska getting it with a huge dish.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-shack/234354-movie-city.html

From that thread it looks those were two other channels on this TP that have now gone scrambled. I guess its interesting if you have a big dish that can point over there and see how long this new channel stays ITC. The movies are not top tier but the programs from Showtime might be worth the effort.

Hey guys I'm new here. Im in the midwest and Im trying to point my dish to the satellite intelsat (IS 11) 43W. Im trying to get some brazilian tv channels from this satelite. I would like to know if any of you can help with some information about this satellite and how to point my dish towards there. Thanks

Use dishpointer.com. By reading the other thread, and determining the location of the person that had success, I suspect there is a chance you can receive a signal...but I am sure it will require lots of tweeking, assuming your C-band dish is big enough.

Hey guys I'm new here. Im in the midwest and Im trying to point my dish to the satellite intelsat (IS 11) 43W. Im trying to get some brazilian tv channels from this satelite. I would like to know if any of you can help with some information about this satellite and how to point my dish towards there. Thanks

It would be helpful if you would list the channel/tp info, and your location. I can't get to 43W with anything that I have hooked up now, but I'm sure some here can. If you are in Midwest USA you will not be able to receive those channels if they are beamed to South America.

I had that satellite for awhile, a bunch of channels on it, but I never saw that particular one ITC. Been several months back that I moved my fixed dish off of it, I might try again tomorrow and see what I can get. Now that the leaves are off for a little while longer I might still be able to get it. Had a clear signal on NHK and some other news channels on there, DW -TV SA I think too back then.
**EDIT: I was wrong=the satellite I was getting was 58W, no way could I get 43 lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)