Intelsat 1R at 50°W

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ok, Question. Since I already have a 2.5 meter dish pointing to 58W for Sky Mexico. Would it be better to buy a signal meter to locate 50W or I can just locate it by moving the antenna a bit? I saw in Dishpointer were I have to move it; it is not a big diference.

Unless you're an expert at dish pointing, then I would just buy a signal meter. For me I know it's not that easy. When I first got into FTA last year for my first time ever, I purchased an LNB called the Easyfind LNB. It has a light on it that turns from red to yellow to green whenever it's pointed at the correct satellite. That LNB works in conjunction with the Traxis DBS4000 receiver. It really made it easy for me and saved a lot of time too. I would rather pay that extra money than spend too much time pointing the dish.

I understand Claro TV is S2, and that in Central America they were using a Coship 8102 receiver with MPEG4, DVBS-2, 8psk, etc capabilites.
Maybe jlrpes can provide more details on the box.

Claro TV is S2, I understand that at least in Central America, Claro was using a Coship 8102 receiver with MPEG4, DVBS-2, 8psk, etc capabilites.

Here is a screen shot from my Manhattan. Modulation shows DVB-S and plain Qpsk.
Nothing special going on here.

12-27-11_1745.jpg

Last edited:
What type of antenna are you using to get this satellite? Can you post a picture? I have tried to find that sat with no success

Ok, I have a 6 footer prime focus dish. Will this work? Or do I need a different dish?

Attachments

• image-1592395942.jpg
    image-1592395942.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 116
Ok, I have a 6 footer prime focus dish. Will this work? Or do I need a different dish?

It's solid, so it should work for Ku. Do you have a good view east? With you being in Dallas, Intelsat 1R is about 27 degrees above the horizon. That's not too low.

I got an antenna pointing to that satellite, here in Central America, that satellite has N2 encryption and DVB-S2 + Universal Linear LNB.

The only bad thing is that EPG only last 3 days and some channels only have EPG for the next two episodes.

Andrew W: How are you able to get the signal? Do you have a motor that locates the Sat 50W? I have been trying to get a installer to find me the signal but all seem to be not familiar with it.

jlrpes,

What lnb and feed are you using?
Looking at the photo of your dish the lnb feed looks a bit small for a prime focus 6 ft dish.

I have a motor that uses USALS to locate 50 degrees west. There's only one free channel on this satellite TBN Enlace... a Spanish version of TBN. It's full of encrypted Spanish cable channels.

Are you just trying to aim at this satellite? Why would you need a motor if you're only trying to get 50W? Can't you just use satellite positioning equipment like a signal meter?

How much does a box like that cost? What's the monthly fee?

Last edited:
jlrpes,

Here is what my 6ft. Ku dish looks like. The lnb is different than yours but ok.

10-26-10_1826.jpg

But look at the feed, does yours look like this ?

10-26-10_1828.jpg

Last edited:
I will take a picture of the feed today and post it. The service is very cheap. My dad got the service from Claro TV for about $15 a month. We order 2 recievers and I brought me one with me to see if I could see the locals channels from El Salvador.

Is all the programming in Spanish or is there any selection of English language channels on this package? I noticed there are a few Miami locals. How about any HD? Is this an option for me if I wanted that package?

Attached is picture of the feed. Claro TV does not have any HD channels.

Attachments

• image-3883599931.jpg
    image-3883599931.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 125
Status
Please reply by conversation.