Intelsat 1R

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rene0228

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
I live in Dallas, Tx Zip code 75228, I own a dish500 with viewsat plat box, Im trying to setup intelsat 1R @ 45W to recieve channels from Honduras, Freq tp 3866V.. Will someone please help me and let me know first of if its possible from my location and if it is will I be able to recv these channels. I need the dish settings AZM, SKEw and ELv and how to setup intelsat 1r on viesat box. Thanks in advance.

Will you tell me what the best setup is and what equipment I would need, I dont know where to buy C-Band dishes

Any of the following satellite aiming calculators will give you the info for pointing your dish.

- TheList , click on Angle Calculator.
- Sadoun , click on Install Stationary Dish System.
- GeoSatFinder is hosted by SatelliteAV.

I used a different tool, and from your zip code, I get:
45ºW Pas 1r: 113.2º true azimuth, 108.4º magnetic azimuth, 23.4º elevation, -50.6º skew .

the following comes from the Global-CM web site:
Code:
[FONT=System][SIZE=1]..
Pol-MHz     I. F.      F.E.C      S . R.      VPID      APID      SERVICE
V-3867      1283      7/8      10.075      3333      3331      TELESISTEMA 3/7   Honduras       
                                                            4848     4801     CANAL 48-TV CATOLICA   Honduras      
                                                            7777     7771     TELECADENA 7y4   Honduras[/SIZE][/FONT]
And yes, this is C-band, so you will be needing that 8 to 10 foot dish, as recommended above.

edit: here is a coverage map for that satellite.
It suggests you might get reception on a 6' dish, I suppose.
However , the 7/8 FEC could be a problem.
Can someone in Texas (or the south) give the OP some better advice about this signal??

I was looking at some of your old posts , didn't you buy a C-band dish on ebay 2 years ago.

What happened ?

Well I'm glad you didn't give up , I just got done trying to reply to one of your posts and didn't realize how old it was .....

More channels from Honduras are available on Satmex 5 and NSS 806.

Those frequencies are C-Band....you need at least a 6 foot dish...probably bigger like 8 foot due tot he way they have those set up.

A Dish-500 is -generally- unsuitable for Ku FTA.

Nor Ku-band?
Now, there are two schools of though.

#1). Serious, Dedicated, Reliable:
There are the folks who want the best signal, no troubles from any birds, no matter where they are in North America.
Those folks use a 36", maybe a 1 meter, or possibly 1.2m (4') dish for Ku!.
Those are serious folks and they will be successful getting those signals.
The 36" dish will get 'em going and they won't come back complaining.

#2). Foolin' around, Braggin' rights, & Goofin' off:
a). a few transponders on a few birds can be received with a 20" dish and a Standard or Universal LNB.
We don't recommend those to beginners because that's ALL they can get!
WhiteSprings and KUIL come to mind.
b). NASA and Angel One are on the Dish 119º bird, circular.
Those are unscrambled and some folks like 'em to augment their FTA.

Category 1 is real FTA, and the answer you get when asking if a Dish 500 will do FTA, is "no".
But, 2a and 2b are the exceptions.
There is the whole story.

Understood Sr, I want to be one of the the first people...:up

Due to not have more, sometimes I've been using small dishes, but at the first opportunity I change them for the big ones, I dont want to have problems because clouds or rain.

Today afternoon I'll try to get Intelsat 1R @ 45 W (Canal 36) with a 24" dish.
If it fail, no matter, is never time wasted time spent on this hobby.:)

on that satellite, Canal 36 comes in booming on a offset LNB on my 30" (I have the standard LNB in the middle and a Universal on the outside)...so it shuld come in on a 24"

Will this work:

C-1 FTA-Platinum CKU Choice Set:
Receiver Comparison
This is a C / KU-Band stationary satellite package. Use this satellite system to receive Free To Air channels from one satellite. Excellent choice for all the 40+ FTA Spanish channels on SatMex 5, and other C-band satellites.

C-1 Bundled System Includes Regular Price Bonus Items included
Fortec PLATINUM Receiver
$139.00
FC240CM 8' C-Band Dish
$279.00
BSC621 C / KU Band LNBF
$49.00
Stationary Ground mount Inc. with dish
Bonus 1: Sadoun Hat $9.00
Bonus 2: Sadoun SF95LK Signal Meter Kit
$24.00
Bonus 3: Leviton 50ft RG6 Cable
$15.00
Total if bought individually $506.00
Bundle Price Only $385.00
Additional 5% Instant Cart Discount -19.25
Today's Bundle Price Only $365.75

This is from one of the links that you guys sent me, Will this be enough from my zip code to get these channels? Thanks for all the help, the only one channel that I would really love is Canal 5 but its scrambled for some reason, and back to some of my old posts I had bought dish thru ebay paid for it and never went to pick it up because I could not get a definate answer if I could get it or not. Thanks for all the good help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)