Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill_bly_ca

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Ontario Canada
Hello

I just registered today after a couple years of being Googled to this board with passing questions from time to time.

But this time I can not seem to find any answers to my specific questions and hope you can help.

I had been running a Pansat 2700 on G13 for a few years for my Wife's Spanish soap opera fix before they (Equity) went belly up last spring.

I then bought a 6' dish and , for about 8 months, had a good selection of Spanish channels on Intelsat 805. This bird specifically as there were 2 clear Nicaraguan channels (Where my wife is from) .

Back in April the 2 Nicaraguan channels disappeared (confirmed at the time by Lyngsat) but we limped along on the remaining Spanish channels.

Early August I saw the Nicaraguan mux had returned but now DVB-S2. So after some investigation (lots of Googling) I came to the conclusion that the reason my 2700 could not get the 4107 TP was because of the S2 the MP4 dictated a new receiver as well.

So we purchased the Nfusion HD as Lyngsat did not say that TP was 8PSK and was $150 less than the Pansat 9200 up here with the 8PSK board. But after set up we still receive no signal on 4107H.

Now after a little further googling there was a news listing on one of the boards that the 4107 TP changes to 8PSK on or about July 10 (Not shown on Lyngsat)

So .. Sorry for all be background My questions are.. .

1) Must I buy and install an 8PSK module to get any signal on 4107 H or can I at least verify I have signal with no quality with the existing QPSK front end? (I currently have no signal on the 2 documented 8PSK TPs I have tried)

2) Anyone @ 42deg of latitude or higher receiving a good signal of TP 4107H ?

3) All of our signal has declined across the board this year. I have swapped out the cable (RG6), removed the DiSC box, repositioned the dish even swapped the LNB in the last 48 hours with no increase of signal to our previous levels.

My next step is to move the semi-perminant dish install on the assumption of the better growing season has maybe made a neighbors tree grow into the signal path. Before I move the dish is there something else I am missing?

Sorry for all the words :)

48n 97w - 4107 h 4000, Good signal here. Pansat 9200 w/S2+, but unable to get audio on this transponder.

Last edited:
Hello bill-bly-ca

well i bought this receiver from Sadoun and yes it reads DVB-S2 maybe u get best result with this receiver. brand SOLOMEND.

GOOD LUCK

I'm getting this TP real strong and clear in the carribean with my CS8000, but no audio at all. Does anybody knows if there is any way to get the audio?? maybe entering PIDs manually??

Does the Sathawk actually decode it, or just pass it through the HDMI?
sadoun specs for it:
Audio decoder
Audio Compression MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 Layer I and II, MP3
Audio Mode Dual (main/sub), Stereo
Frequency: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz
and: AC3 Digital Sound: Digital sound through HDMI output (might also include AAC?)

Sathawk plays it fine, with sound.

Reports it at 4105 H 4000

576i
H.264 Video
DTS sound.

I have my Sathawk hooked to my stereo receiver VIA the coaxial output of the Sathawk.

So your Sathawk isn't decoding it, but passing it through the coaxial output?
I.E. no audio on these channels on the L+R audio RCA connectors?

So your Sathawk isn't decoding it, but passing it through the coaxial output?
I.E. no audio on these channels on the L+R audio RCA connectors?

I can't answer that, because it'd take me an hour to drag the ent center out to check. If I have to guess it'll be as good as you guessing...LOL...when I get a chance I will swing the Birdview over there and check it on my more accessible Sathawk. Stay tuned.:)

If you're using a Coolsat 8000, press the "opt" button (bottom left) on the remote. There will be 2 or more options to choose from. One of these should give you the sound.

Early August I saw the Nicaraguan mux had returned but now DVB-S2. So after some investigation (lots of Googling) I came to the conclusion that the reason my 2700 could not get the 4107 TP was because of the S2 the MP4 dictated a new receiver as well.

So we purchased the Nfusion HD as Lyngsat did not say that TP was 8PSK and was $150 less than the Pansat 9200 up here with the 8PSK board. But after set up we still receive no signal on 4107H.

Who told you that the nFusion HD supported DVB-S2? If the seller told you that, I would return the unit and get my money back! If he/she refuses, report him/her to the authorities for selling satellite piracy hardware. Sorry if I'm coming a bit strong but it upsets me that some dealers recommend nFusion as being the best HD FTA satellite receiver when it's actually the worst one in the market! The only thing nFusion is good for and was designed to do is for satellite piracy. However, now that the pirate market is being shut down, these hacker boxes are going to be sold for pennies on the dollar.

OK I used every output it had, switched every way it could be switched, and it always had audio. So you should be good to go.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts