Intelsat 9 is down :(

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xizer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
WI
Falla en satélite provoca interrupción de TV cable en Chile y Latinoamérica | Tendencias | LA TERCERA

NHK World HD is on IS-9...

A failure in the satellite TV Intelsat 9 left without service on Sunday, several cable channels throughout Latin America, as reported by various companies via Twitter. This is National Geographic, Fox Sports, Fox, FX, MTV, VH1, Warner, AXN, Universal, Sony, Space, E!, HBO, Nickelodeon, among others, who have interruptions in the transmission.
As reported by users, some channels are now online again, but it is unknown how long since not been reported to exist when the issue.
The satellite in question was manufactured by Boeing and operated by the U.S. company Intelsat Ltd., so that systems of DirecTV, Sky, VTR, Telefónica Movistar South would not be to blame for the difficulties.

Intelsat is remaining silent on the issue...

Wow, I've never seen this kind of news, I wondered if it ever happened!

Ahh that's why I can't find it...

Am outside trying to get my dish to go further east. Currently it goes from 72 to 133... And I have a nice clear shot over to 37.5.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Attachments

• image-657661275.jpg
    image-657661275.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 119
Ahh that's why I can't find it...

Am outside trying to get my dish to go further east. Currently it goes from 72 to 133... And I have a nice clear shot over to 37.5.

Scott,
Would it be possible for you to post a picture of 61w at the top of pitcture going east? I don't have a cell phone that can take the satellite app. Last night I found 3 transponders lite on 37.5w with no channels. I would like to see how low in the sky the eastern half is. I can get/go as low as 15w. I was trying to get 12.5w, with no luck. Dishpointer does not give a view like your IPhone.

Thanks in advance.
mikelib

Intelsat 9 58W C-band is back but a few channels are still out and others are weaker than usual.

Regards,

PwrSurge

Here is what I think your looking for. :). Lots of thunder and rain coming from behind the dish.

Attachments

• image-1516508034.jpg
    image-1516508034.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 109
All services on Intelsat 9 appear to have been restored, at least on the C-band side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)