Interactive TV subsriptions

ronjohn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
In my bill, I was charged for two interactive tv subsciptions. I paid my bill with an automated checking account payment for my normal amount. I logged in to my Dish account and noticed a past due amount I called to cancel them. I will end up paying about $25 dollars for those being added. However, I don't understand how they were added. I have an account password on my account, so only my wife or I can call in to access the account. I have a 622 and have a password on both receivers. I have a zero credit balance on my account, so that PPVs cannot be ordered. I asked the customer service rep how to prevent the interactive services from being added if the three passwords and the zero balance are not enough. She could not tell me.

She also told me that the services were ordered by telephone(which bypassed the account password). I was out of town on this day. My wife did not order them. I have four children, two under 5 years old, and two who do not speak English well enough to navigate menus on the telephone and order.

Does anyone have any idea how they could have been ordered, and what further steps I can take to make sure they don't in the future?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)