Interesting finds on 97W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
Not feeds -- just your ordinary stations with extraordinary programs :)

Kurdsat (11966 H 22000) has been playing a couple of interesting animated series. I found "Shaun the Sheep" around 8 or 9 a.m. yesterday. If you're up an hour or so earlier, or also again at around midnight, you can find an early 1980s claymation-style series of two roommates who invent things to solve their problems. Haven't found the name of the series yet, but it was made in the former Czechoslovakia -- pretty good production considering the place and time!

Zarin TV (12122 H 20000) yielded a great find at 1 a.m. this morning. An episode of "Three's Company," completely commercial free.

Oman TV (12146 V 22000), at least last month, around 11 p.m. was rebroadcasting certain English language nature documentaries, many which seemed to have been original NHK or Japanese productions.

[All times above are Eastern.]

Last edited:
Three's Company would be interesting to watch again. Not seen it in years.

Yes, it was fun for me to watch, too! After watching it I turned off the TV and crashed as it was so late! LOL

Dallas (original TV soap, not the new version), 8 a.m. Saturday(s?) on Zarin TV. Didn't have the volume on due to work, but assume it was not dubbed judging from the other programs on the station lately.

PS -- "Three's Company" was on at 1 a.m. the last three weeknights (unless a movie was finishing up, in which case it appeared right after the film).

Thanks for sharing these finds.

Last night I was able to catch Three´s company on Zarin, yep at 1 AM, kinda too late for me, but brings me back in time. :D

Tonight a nice documentary on Oman TV in english, I think it started at 11 PM.

I watch nothing live.
If I run across something interesting, like the shows in this thread, I set a timer and record it tomorrow.
?.

I have recently taken a liking to all the great PBS programming on 125W.
Yesterday a really excellent recounting of the Battle at Gettysburg. Well done.

EbruTV has launched a couple of new programs. One is called Cake Walk, which is very similar to a certain Food network show where competitors make the best cake during a set time limit. They also started a culinary travel-type program.

Since AJE is gone, I´ve been watching more Al Etejah, for middle east and world news.
They also showed a documentary of Marine Life in the Persian Gulf.
And it´s all in english :D

Yep, I've been doing some small updates to the listings, and hope to get the new one up by the weekend. At last, Al Etejah seems to have stopped alternating between the slate and "Trial Broadcast" banner. Looks like they're finally here to stay -- and they do look to be promising as far as content :)

Maybe they'll get all those disappointed Al Jazera viewers , after so rudely going scrambled...? ;)
Yep, I've been doing some small updates to the listings, and hope to get the new one up by the weekend. At last, Al Etejah seems to have stopped alternating between the slate and "Trial Broadcast" banner. Looks like they're finally here to stay -- and they do look to be promising as far as content :)

I agree, I also noticed that couple of days ago I guess, before that I would tune at odd times, and there was the slate, now it seems they are airing something around the clock, I like their picture quality.
The other day they had an interesting show on eco-terrorism.

Tonight I was waiting for Three´s Company on Zarin tv, but there was a soccer match, Sri Lanka vs Afghanistan in english, it went to overtime, and I guess it was because of that, because it was a little after 1 AM, and instead of Three´s Company there was something about the Coran after the soccer match. :mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)