Interference

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Does anyone have problems with when your cellphone rings you can hear it through your speakers. Right before any cellphone rings I can hear it first through the speakers.

Yes used to hear that on older phones over the years. Not heard it in a while, on last 3 or 4 phones.

cellphone? what are these/those?

KIDDING!

Guess i'm an 'old school' guy.
My cellphone is a phone, that's it.
No text, No Inet, No pctures. No wait, it's got text,
but don't send me one if it's important, it may not show up for a few days**.
**I must live too far out in the sticks. 4 days + about 6 hrs is the current record.
My usual reply to a text is: CALL

I've noticed that att phones like to interfere with speakers and you get a little buzzing when it's looking for a signal. First noticed 10-12 years ago.

Not helpful... But: Reminds me of an old tale told years ago.Maybe true,maybe just a joke.
Back in the days of the old crank telephones,some old guy claimed his hound dog was psychic.Dog would howl and bark like crazy right before someone called on the phone.Phone company investigated and found there was an uninsulated phone wire under the house where the dog slept.He was getting a shock before each phone call.lol. :facepalm

We use several different models of Tracfones (no contracts :)). Yes, anytime a phone is near a speaker (computer, stereo, etc) when a call or text comes in we hear it - dit dah dit dah dit dah dit then a long buzz. Actually, I've heard in many times when no call or text came in as well. Guess the phone is just 'checking in' with the cell tower. :rolleyes:

Never had that here...
Maybe speaker connections are not shielded properly or something like that. I always use shielded cable for speakers and run through a ferrite loop before the amp to keep out any stray RF.

texts:
"but don't send me one if it's important, it may not show up for a few days"
I get that here too. My record is over a week. Must be a northern prairie thing...

Reactions: FaT Air
Cham what do you mean?

texts:
I get that here too. My record is over a week. Must be a northern prairie thing...

Cham what do you mean?

texts:

If there is something very important and/or time sensitive: Do not notify me via a text message, Call!! :)

I'd prefer text...here at the school reception is spotty (since its a huge building)

texts get through
calls dont

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)