Interleague Play- Deal or No Deal?

dont they do that right now? I know there are the so-called "rivals" games but doesnt it alternate?

This year the Twins play the NL Central
Last year was the NL East
2006 was NL Central
2005 was NL West

so are they doing it every other year?
this year is your same division (Central, East, West)
next year is one of the others
2011 is the same as 09?

dont they do that right now? I know there are the so-called "rivals" games but doesnt it alternate?

This year the Twins play the NL Central
Last year was the NL East
2006 was NL Central
2005 was NL West

so are they doing it every other year?
this year is your same division (Central, East, West)
next year is one of the others
2011 is the same as 09?

Kinda. Let me be more detailed...

Not everyone in the same division plays everyone the same in the inter-league division.

This year, the Indians play:

3 @ Cincinnati
3 vs. St. Louis
3 vs. Milwaukee
3 @ Cubs
3 @ Pittsburgh
2 vs. Cincinnati

The Twins play:

3 vs. Milwaukee
3 @ Cubs
3 vs. Pittsburgh
3 vs. Houston
3 @ Milwaukee
3 @ St. Louis

So you see, the Indians don't play the Astros at all, while they play the Reds in two separate series'. Meanwhile, the Twins don't play the Reds at all, while they do play the Astros in 2 separate series'.

I would rather play everyone in the chosen NL division once so that each team in the AL Central will have the same scheduled opponents. And these made-up "rivalry" games are just silly. Whoever thinks the Indians/Reds have some sort of special enjoyement in playing eachother in two sieres' a year are just fooling themselves. For the most part, the rivalry games seemed forced.

I like interleague play. I like being able to see the battle for Ohio.

Kinda. Let me be more detailed...

Not everyone in the same division plays everyone the same in the inter-league division.

This year, the Indians play:

3 @ Cincinnati
3 vs. St. Louis
3 vs. Milwaukee
3 @ Cubs
3 @ Pittsburgh
2 vs. Cincinnati

The Twins play:

3 vs. Milwaukee
3 @ Cubs
3 vs. Pittsburgh
3 vs. Houston
3 @ Milwaukee
3 @ St. Louis

So you see, the Indians don't play the Astros at all, while they play the Reds in two separate series'. Meanwhile, the Twins don't play the Reds at all, while they do play the Astros in 2 separate series'.

I would rather play everyone in the chosen NL division once so that each team in the AL Central will have the same scheduled opponents. And these made-up "rivalry" games are just silly. Whoever thinks the Indians/Reds have some sort of special enjoyement in playing eachother in two sieres' a year are just fooling themselves. For the most part, the rivalry games seemed forced.

The league has created a rivalry between Detroit and St. Louis, it seems that we play them every year.

I like interleague play. I like being able to see the battle for Ohio.

That is the part I just do not see at all.

You are in Ashland, Kentucky. The heart of Reds Country, but not in Ohio. Why do you care about Cleveland?

In college sports, you have players who are from the state, or at least recruited regionally. You work together with alumni (and generally worse, the non-alumni fairweather fans) of rival schools. Pride is on the line. In pro sports its just not the same. If the Reds loses to Cleveland, its just another loss.

That is the part I just do not see at all.

You are in Ashland, Kentucky. The heart of Reds Country, but not in Ohio. Why do you care about Cleveland?

In college sports, you have players who are from the state, or at least recruited regionally. You work together with alumni (and generally worse, the non-alumni fairweather fans) of rival schools. Pride is on the line. In pro sports its just not the same. If the Reds loses to Cleveland, its just another loss.

I'm not sure why Ramy cares about Cleveland either, but if he does, so what???...:confused:

Believe me, Sam, if you lived in Ohio, you would care...a lot!!!...:hungry:

Granted, I wasn't born in Ohio and haven't lived there for over 35 years or so, but I graduated from high school in Cincinnati, and at least back then, the cities of Cincinnati and Cleveland had a heated rivalry going in just about every catagory. And back then, the Reds and Indians only played each other in the last spring training games of the year. There even used to be a trophy called "The Ohio Cup" that was given to the winner of those games, and that may still hold true today. And if Cincinnati and Cleveland were to ever match up in the WS, you can bet "The I-71 Series" would be the hottest
thing to ever hit the state!!! In fact, I think the Ohio Lottery even had a game using that theme at one time...:D

There's a lot of things you don't see, but we won"t get into that here!!!...:rolleyes:...:p...;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts