Intermittant 630 HD Problem

rpm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
My DSR630 intermittently displays either the temporary lost signal message screen or the "You are not currently subscribed to this channel...." message screen on channels that I subscribe to. This is occurring only on the HD channels. I have reception on some channels and some others I get either message. Also it is not always the same channels that this issue occurs. I have had no problem with the any of the SD channels that I subscribe to.

I have performed a soft and hard reboots. Sometimes I can go directly to affected channel and get reception. Sometimes it doesn't come in, but appears later when I try it again.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is and how to resolve it?

Thanks

rpm

Many people have the same issue including myself. It is a programming bug that has shown up ever since the latest 4.06 firmware update. We just have to live with it for now and and hope the programmers fix this in their next release.

Ok good to know I am getting ( lost Sat signal) I thought I had a bad LNB I changed all my connectors at LNB was looking to replace my 75E LNB which I don't have a spare I was going to put a 60E on until Star Choice replaced my 75E but if it is a software bug will wait for new update soon hopefully.
Though it was weird when lost signal looked a LNB signal strength one feed was zero the other was 98 % 10 min later or less was working fine.

Well I received my 6.22 update. It did not fix the problem.

In fact now a new problem has come up. In the message area I am getting the following:
ALERT-HDD
Your hard drive is full of protected recordings. New recordings cannot start. Please delete one or more protected recordings to re-enable recordings.

I only had 3 recordings saved (in un protected mode) taking up 2% of the hard drive. When I press the PVR button, I get a message "Your recording list is empty"

I tried both a hard and soft reboots which did not correct the problem.

I'm beginning to think I have lemon receiver.

Any ideas?

rpm

you should consider doing a factory reset.

enter the following sequence on your remote: options 4-9-8-8 (it's a hidden menu).

then pick option 6

Will I need to be re-authorized?

Yes the receiver will need to be re-authorized after a factory reset. If you have access to your account online you can send the "re-hit" to the receiver from there.

I did the factory reset and got re-authorized, but still have the same PVR problem. In the system status screen I am seeing under letter S. Hard Drive Health: Failed:File System

This might be the root of the problem. The question is did the 6.22 upgrade fry the hard drives? Is there another suggestion for a fix.

the 6.22 update did not fry other hard drives that I am aware of. there are not widespread complaints on the canadian digital home forum.

your options at this point:

1. get a new reciever

2. replace the hard drive

your location dictates the easier option. if you are in canada, then option 1 would be easiest. if not, I would encourage you to try option 2. a new, larger hard drive will cost you about $120. you would also need to get propietary tool to unscrew the cover, which would cost about $10-15. PM me for more details on this option.

HD Intermittant problem + hard drive problem

I'm in the US so option 1 is out. What can you tell me about the tools for option 2?

I am seriously thinking of getting a new receiver. My initial HD intermittant problem is still ocurring. Since the 6.22 upgrade it has gotten better, however it still is occurring from the time to time. I'm wondering what else will go wrong with this receiver next.

Thanks for your input and advice.

rpm

the 6.22 update did not fry other hard drives that I am aware of. there are not widespread complaints on the canadian digital home forum.

your options at this point:

1. get a new reciever

2. replace the hard drive

your location dictates the easier option. if you are in canada, then option 1 would be easiest. if not, I would encourage you to try option 2. a new, larger hard drive will cost you about $120. you would also need to get propietary tool to unscrew the cover, which would cost about $10-15. PM me for more details on this option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)