Intermittent 4K Joey Picture problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
I have had my Hopper 3 and a 4k Joey installed for about 3 months now. Within the last 2 weeks I have had a picture problem with the 4K Joey. Every so often when the 4K Joey is first turned on I see a "haring bone" picture on the bottom 1/3 of the TV screen. I can clear it by turning the 4k Joey of then back on or turning the TV off then back on.

At first I thought it might be a heat problem. I had the 4K Joey sitting on top of an old 211K that my wife is still using to watch movies she had DVRed so I move the 4K Joey off of the 211K but I went to watch the TV the other day and the "haring bone" was back. Again I was was able to clear the picture by turning the 4K Joey on then off (I think. I can't remember).

I am using the same HDMI cable I used with the 211K. The only thing I haven't tried is to re-seat the cable into the TV or replacing the cable. My TV is not 4K and is about 5 years old. Never had any picture problems with the TV before this.

I have had my Hopper 3 and a 4k Joey installed for about 3 months now. Within the last 2 weeks I have had a picture problem with the 4K Joey. Every so often when the 4K Joey is first turned on I see a "haring bone" picture on the bottom 1/3 of the TV screen. I can clear it by turning the 4k Joey of then back on or turning the TV off then back on.

At first I thought it might be a heat problem. I had the 4K Joey sitting on top of an old 211K that my wife is still using to watch movies she had DVRed so I move the 4K Joey off of the 211K but I went to watch the TV the other day and the "haring bone" was back. Again I was was able to clear the picture by turning the 4K Joey on then off (I think. I can't remember).

I am using the same HDMI cable I used with the 211K. The only thing I haven't tried is to re-seat the cable into the TV or replacing the cable. My TV is not 4K and is about 5 years old. Never had any picture problems with the TV before this.

Can you please send me a PM with your Account#, 4 digit pin#, R00, Bootstrap version and the Software version? I would like to look into this issue further for a resolution.

I suggest trying a different HDMI cable...I had a similar problem and that resolved it.

Of course since I posted this problem it hasn't shown up again. I did re-seat the HDMI cable at the
TV and Joey ends. I keep a watch on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)