Intermittent 4K Joey Picture problem

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
I have had my Hopper 3 and a 4k Joey installed for about 3 months now. Within the last 2 weeks I have had a picture problem with the 4K Joey. Every so often when the 4K Joey is first turned on I see a "haring bone" picture on the bottom 1/3 of the TV screen. I can clear it by turning the 4k Joey of then back on or turning the TV off then back on.

At first I thought it might be a heat problem. I had the 4K Joey sitting on top of an old 211K that my wife is still using to watch movies she had DVRed so I move the 4K Joey off of the 211K but I went to watch the TV the other day and the "haring bone" was back. Again I was was able to clear the picture by turning the 4K Joey on then off (I think. I can't remember).

I am using the same HDMI cable I used with the 211K. The only thing I haven't tried is to re-seat the cable into the TV or replacing the cable. My TV is not 4K and is about 5 years old. Never had any picture problems with the TV before this.

I have had my Hopper 3 and a 4k Joey installed for about 3 months now. Within the last 2 weeks I have had a picture problem with the 4K Joey. Every so often when the 4K Joey is first turned on I see a "haring bone" picture on the bottom 1/3 of the TV screen. I can clear it by turning the 4k Joey of then back on or turning the TV off then back on.

At first I thought it might be a heat problem. I had the 4K Joey sitting on top of an old 211K that my wife is still using to watch movies she had DVRed so I move the 4K Joey off of the 211K but I went to watch the TV the other day and the "haring bone" was back. Again I was was able to clear the picture by turning the 4K Joey on then off (I think. I can't remember).

I am using the same HDMI cable I used with the 211K. The only thing I haven't tried is to re-seat the cable into the TV or replacing the cable. My TV is not 4K and is about 5 years old. Never had any picture problems with the TV before this.

Can you please send me a PM with your Account#, 4 digit pin#, R00, Bootstrap version and the Software version? I would like to look into this issue further for a resolution.

I suggest trying a different HDMI cable...I had a similar problem and that resolved it.

Of course since I posted this problem it hasn't shown up again. I did re-seat the HDMI cable at the
TV and Joey ends. I keep a watch on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts