International News & Wild Feeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I managed to get 58w* bird just east of Eubank and chico still trying to Dx 2 more birds to the east 55 and 53w*.:)

Chickie, wellcome to the board!

Nice to see more Albuquerque people out there!:hatsoff

I just remembered, Duna World on 97w has a brief news show in English. I think around 7 : 30 PM, (at least it was at that time, last I watched it).

I think you also mentioned in a previous post you like CCTV 9 Doc, it has good stuff. Since you like a different (international) perspective on news, I´m sure you´ll enjoy your second dish parked at G19 (97W) for the channels I mentioned before.
Hispasat used to have also Press tv, and Al Etejah, but not anymore, nonetheless, the Cuban channels offer a good number of US shows and US, and international movies commercial free. :D

YES! I am curious, I thought I seen somewhere that Hispasat has Radio Habana Cuba on it! I listen to RHC frequently on the Shortwave Band. Anyway, I have not been on G19 yet, and I hear it has the most to offer. I am slowly building the dish farm...CCTV and 9 Doc are my favorite as of right now.

FTA is an awesome hobby, and most people need to understand that they will NOT replace cable, or their current SAT subscription...It is for enjoyment and it can be very rewarding when you are able to sample different birds. The key to FTA is to be patient, and it is a DIY hobby for sure. Just my two cents....

Cheers
TheHamNerd

Reactions: danristheman
What orbital location is Hispasat? Can someone confirm that it has Radio Havana Cuba? -Thanks.

What orbital location is Hispasat? Can someone confirm that it has Radio Havana Cuba? -Thanks.
It's at 30W and it appears that yes it does have Radio Havana Cuba (Scanned on my X2 Premium radio channels as Radio Habana Cuba):)

YES! I am curious, I thought I seen somewhere that Hispasat has Radio Habana Cuba on it! I listen to RHC frequently on the Shortwave Band.

That's right! Plus lots of other National networks such as Radio Rebelde, Radio Enciclopedia, and Radio Reloj. All in Spanish, but I used to DX them on the AM band here in Georgia during the winter months. Nice to hear them without all the hiss, crackles, and station interference :)

30W is an interesting one to get. You can't get it at all in the Western U.S. It's pretty low on the horizon until you get to the East Coast. I had to move my dish around a few times before I had a clear view below the trees.

Hispasat also has RFI (Radio France International) about 6 feeds of them last time I checked.
I watched a little of Hispasat this evening, but I haven´t checked the radio channels lately. There was a French movie on Cubavision, I see some French movies there every other day. The Uruguayans are still ITC.
Regarding radio channels it also has some from Argentina and Spain.

So, where does all the ABQ people go to buy good equipment in ABQ? inquiring minds want to know. -----------Nicky

I order FTA stuff via internet, and our local New México Satellite man which help me replace part or install stuff since I am diasabled with CP.

I wish there is a Ham radio store here in Metro Albuquerque areas.:hungry For my goodes!:)

Man...I am almost on the edge of the fringe of the signal here in Oklahoma...I should be able to get 30W....I think I have a clear shot in that direction, and its way over there to the East of me! I am not sure how low on the horizon it is from my location, but I do not have any trees in that path, so I am thinking I will be okay. Need to get me another 2 dishes, and park one on 97W and the other on 30W cause I am not leaving 95W anytime soon! :)

www.dishpointer.com will 'show' how far above the horizon it is. 6.4° elevation here. Know another member here drove out into the country and got it near or below 4°.
I'm 'on' 95 a lot also. CCTV Documentary channel has a lot of interesting prgms.

I agree with getting a Ku Dish to start and it might be all that I need without having to get a big 8'+ dish.

I'd prefer to get a ku dish new. Will it need to rotate /turn and need other parts for that? I know I need a digital receiver box too.

Being I am in ABQ can anyone please suggest a reliable retailer that I can order equipment from?
Equipment suggestions with links are appreciated.

I'm not looking to be cheap about this investment, I want equipment that is going to be durable though the weather here in NM.

Thanks folks appreciate your effort to help!
xoxo

I agree with getting a Ku Dish to start and it might be all that I need without having to get a big 8'+ dish.

I'd prefer to get a ku dish new. Will it need to rotate /turn and need other parts for that? I know I need a digital receiver box too.

Being I am in ABQ can anyone please suggest a reliable retailer that I can order equipment from?
Equipment suggestions with links are appreciated.

I'm not looking to be cheap about this investment, I want equipment that is going to be durable though the weather here in NM.

Thanks folks appreciate your effort to help!
xoxo
Here a link to a good starter package from a reliable retailer
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121069519079&alt=web

Jeremy Cain

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Note: The Ebay title states that the kit is not currently shipping with the microHD and includes the HDVR1200 model instead.

Maybe instead purchase the GEOSATpro 90cm dish and PLL LNBF package, a Amiko mini HD SE receiver and a SG6100 or SG6000 motor?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Free To Air FTA Satellite Dish LNBF
http://www.ebay.com/sch/amiko mini hf se
http://www.ebay.com/sch/SG6100

The ALI mini HD SE is the latest ALI chipset, has excellent picture quality and adds LAN and apps for streaming. I would recommend the STAB hh90 motor, but the motor tube has a ridge on end that requires the dish mount be assembled after the clamp is slid over the motor tube. If you feel comfortable with the different assembly steps, the STAB hh90 is a superior motor!

Edit: Took too long to post.... Sorry!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts