Internet Confussion with Hopper Joey

handymantoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
northeast
I plan to purchase 2 Hopper 2 Joey when OTA arrives but I've been trying to follow the threads to make life easier when I receive it. I presently have two 722K each with ethernet connection. With a two Hopper system do I only need to connect one Hopper to ethernet? If I connect one hopper do I still need HIC?

handymantoo said:
I plan to purchase 2 Hopper 2 Joey when OTA arrives but I've been trying to follow the threads to make life easier when I receive it. I presently have two 722K each with ethernet connection. With a two Hopper system do I only need to connect one Hopper to ethernet? If I connect one hopper do I still need HIC?

You can hook up just an ethernet line to both or one hopper. But with the issues concerning bridging the connection from a hopper, I'd recommend not using the bridge feature. best bet would be just to have a HIC installed. It's even easier if your router is in the same room as one of your tvs as the HIC actually acts as a pass thru as well for joeys (or a simple tap behind the hopper). Barring that, am ethernet line to every hopper AND joey works as well.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

You can hook up just an ethernet line to both or one hopper. But with the issues concerning bridging the connection from a hopper, I'd recommend not using the bridge feature. best bet would be just to have a HIC installed. It's even easier if your router is in the same room as one of your tvs as the HIC actually acts as a pass thru as well for joeys (or a simple tap behind the hopper). Barring that, am ethernet line to every hopper AND joey works as well...

Either an HIC or only ONE Ethernet plugged into ONE Hopper with bridging enabled. Do not make more than one connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)