Internet connection

seanb724

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
NC
I saw this briefly mentioned in the "sling issues" thread, but that is 14 pages and has a lot of other issues discussed, so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I just got the 922 installed and the Internet connection shows good on the 922, but on the Internet side, logging into dishnetwork.com, the receiver shows no broadband. Same thing on remote access.

The installer called in, and they say it is a known issue and they are working on it. Is that really the case?

I reset my router as well as the 922, no luck.

Are there any weird settings I need on the router? Does the 922 need to be in a DMZ or anything?

Thanks,
Sean

There are no router settings for the 922. It does not use the open port method to talk to dishonline.com.

I would go to broadband setup and see what your IP address looks like. I assigned a static DHCP address on my router for the 922 outside of the pool so that there would never be a problem with another device on the network getting the same IP address if you have that problem on your net.

The IP address of the 922 looks fine... It is dynamic, not static, but it's picking up everything correctly. The 922 itself shows good connectivity out when you do the outbound tests... It's just dish online does not see it that way. Again, the rep says its a known issue and they "are working on it." :-/ And I do see a couple others in the other thread with the problem.

Thanks for the info on the router config -- that's what I figured since the 622 worked fine with no special setup.

Well, it started working... Not sure if I did anything, other than wait. I did tell it to "send status" once. It still shows up as not connected on the dishnetwork my equipment page, but remote access is now working. Looks pretty good on the ipad! :)

What's up with safari needing to run in 32 bit mode. :-/

/Sean

Definitely some issues... No sound on an old mac that has 32 bit safari... no video on the newer mac when i change safari to 32 bit and/or use firefox. ipad is a bit hit or miss on working or not. :-(

Ok, reset of the 922 seems to have most issues resolved. For now. :-/

All of my DVR's are connected to the internet and all of them show up not connected on the equipment page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)