Internet Disconnections

Praesul

Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Currently, I have Time Warners cable Internet and over the past few weeks I have been getting regular disconnects every two hours (i'm not kidding). My last disconnect was at 8:02am EST and i can wager my entire paycheck that my next disconnect will be at 10:02am EST.

My question is, has anyone else been experiencing this? I'd rather not be bothered with "Tech Support" since they seem to think that unplugging the modem and waiting an hour will some how fix the problem.

-For the Techies-
Nothing has changed on my system, the router, or the cable modem. This just 'cropped' up in the last 2-3weeks (didn't notice the clockwork-timing till recently).

I wonder if this has something to do with the channel realign...

I had the dropped roadrunner a while back. After 3 tech visits the last tech checked the line outside and found a low signal. What happens is if signal gets too low the modem can't find it and drops. They found a poor amp about a half mile away and changed it. I have had no problem since. The hard part is getting a tech that knows what he's doing. They all want to change modems and in door wiring, but thats not the problem. Also it's a different tech that handles the outside wire. Just keep them coming back till they fix it.

My hubster and I are having this EXACT issue at least once a day (happened twice before lunch just today). I just talked to them today after finally just getting sick of the DCs/outtages and they wanted to send people to come in the house. We are doing alot of renovating so we dont wanna deal with that and I asked them kindly if they could check outside since nothing has changed at all with us inside. So hopefully we get someone that gives a rats patootie about it, since the service rep said they have had no recorded issues in our area with this. Maybe a bad storm, or work around the area NOT dealing the cable somehow messed it up who knows. They did mention changing the modem, which I did last year sometime, AND our router since I think that had actually given up the ghost and we were fine. Now this just started probably a month or so ago. Our cable TV has no issues other than HD channels pixelating which I can deal with to be honest (though I hate when my shows screw up after recording in HD) I just want my interwebz :-\

The guy did say he was seeing our modem was just not getting the signal, so it has to be something outside the house OR the modem just decided to lightly crap out on and off for us. Wish us luck cause in this town I believe we just might need it lol.

Go to your modem status page at 192.168.100.1, find your signal level info and post your Upstream, Downstream and SNR levels. Sounds like your signal levels are too low or your upstream may be too high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts