Internet Explorer

HBR

Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
Hi everyone, I really need your help. I can't use the internet on my computer because I can not open the internet explorer.I messed it up somehow.I have a compaq pesario.I've tried going to tools and following instructions,no luck.I have reset computer to previous time to see if that would bring it back, no luck.This has happened before.It usually happenes when I try to log on to a wireless network.This time it happened at my daughters house.I was trying to connect to her network and it asked me if I wanted to add to something or something like that, I said yes and then it happened.This has happened to me before and was told the IP address had changed.Also the subtext-something? I think it has the same problem now. Please Help, I'm lost without my computer!!! Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone, I really need your help. I can't use the internet on my computer because I can not open the internet explorer.I messed it up somehow.I have a compaq pesario.I've tried going to tools and following instructions,no luck.I have reset computer to previous time to see if that would bring it back, no luck.This has happened before.It usually happenes when I try to log on to a wireless network.This time it happened at my daughters house.I was trying to connect to her network and it asked me if I wanted to add to something or something like that, I said yes and then it happened.This has happened to me before and was told the IP address had changed.Also the subtext-something? I think it has the same problem now. Please Help, I'm lost without my computer!!! Thanks for your help.
Right click on the Local Area Network icon in the lower right corner of your screen (there might be an X over it, if it doesn't show any network activity). Choose "Repair", and see if that helps.

Hi and thanks, I did that as well and it didn't work.My daughter took my laptop to her office today to see if someone there could fix it.It's not easy to do, My son and son-in law also tried with no success.Thanks again Mdonnelly for your help.

Thanks Ramy, I guess I can use my daughters computer to download the IE and then transfer it to my pc.Thanks for the info!!!:)

Do you have another browser Firefox, AOL etc? It would help to know if it is a connection problem or an IE conflict.

If it is is an IE problem, and reinstalling it doesn't fix it.... its probably time to reinstall windows. IE is tied into the operating system pretty deep and is kind of needed

The achilles heel here is that a good number of the resources to fix Windows/PC-related issues require Internet aceess and a web browser in order to utilize.

This is a really good one I came across: Repair XP

As several people have mentioned , it may be a conectivity problem or an IE problem .

Go into Programs -> Accessaries

Look for command prompt & click it

You will get a DOS window on the screen

type in :

Ping http://www.satelliteguys.us ( or any other web address )

If you have connectivity , it will come back with the time it takes to ping that address . This means a Windows or IE problem .

If you have no connectivity , it will eventually time out & give an error message . This means the conputer is not communicating through the modem , to the internet .

On another computer , download Mozilla web browser . I have used it for years , in stead of IE . Install it . If Mozilla works , and Ie does not , you will know the problem is with IE .

Wyr

Thank you all for all of your help and suggestions.I am glad to report that I am now able to use the internet on my computer.The problem was that the Kasperly anti-virus prompram I am using, somehow locked me out of the internet.I am truly thankful to all of you for all the info you shared with me.I will know how to trouble shoot other problems or at least know what to do next time with the ino you all provided. I had no clue!!! Thanks again to everyone!!!!!!

Thank you all for all of your help and suggestions.I am glad to report that I am now able to use the internet on my computer.The problem was that the Kasperly anti-virus prompram I am using, somehow locked me out of the internet.I am truly thankful to all of you for all the info you shared with me.I will know how to trouble shoot other problems or at least know what to do next time with the ino you all provided. I had no clue!!! Thanks again to everyone!!!!!!

You should use AVG free anti-virus.:D

AVG Free Advisor - AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

I am glad to report that I am now able to use the internet on my computer.The problem was that the Kasperly anti-virus prompram I am using, somehow locked me out of the internet.
Ah, the true secret to keeping your computer virus-free... Don't let it connect to the Internet! ;)

Glad to hear you got it straightened out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts