Internet question

perkunas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2014
Ontario Canada
I got a Openbox s9 and mainly watch galaxy 19. I was wondering if I hook up the internet to it, will I get a tv guide.
What would be the advantage of doing so, I have other boxes on order, like skybox s5 and a newer openbox model, if they mean anything.
Thanks

Ethernet on Openbox S9 only does piracy. To get guide/EPG data on a STB VIA internet you need something like CrossEPG and a USA data source. I don't think any of the Openbox/skybox things support CrossEPG.

Editing the channel list/firmware updates, is the only FTA function of the openbox/skybox model line's ethernet capability. ((Wish it could stream))
Getting Crossepg working for G19 is the lesser problem.
Don't think you can load/run enigma, to incorporate CrossEPG, on them. But i could be wrong & if so the previous statement would be false :eek: BUT that could be COOL! Even just a browser for Titantv.

The unedited FTP tools for Openbox actually is primarily for sending keys or whatever for cardshare and piracy. When I released it for NA I had to strip all of that out just leaving the channel part intact. I always felt it was better to load firmware or channels on those VIA USB as the chances of something going wrong VIA FTP were higher.

CrossEPG isn't limited to Enigma2 and there are other internet EPG options out there but I don't see any of them being supported by Openbox. I don't think guide data or real internet functions are high on their list ;)

Thanks a bunch but...
This is beginning to sound like mumbo jumbo, to newb like me.
How would I go about doing this, is there any instructions steps, I can do?.

How would I go about doing this, is there any instructions steps, I can do?.
Doing what exactly?
Keep in mind, (as been pointed out) there's no way to put a guide 'in the openbox'.
What channels are you wanting a guide for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)