Int'l dish alignment help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbackht

Original poster
Dec 6, 2008
Had never done int'l before. Put up Kaku and got good signal fast with birdog. I lined up int'l using 101 and was high 90's..removed line from dual lnb and put on single 95 lnb and connected to flex port 1 of 6X8.

Put in h-21 with b-band. Had high 90's for 101, etc, but nothing on 95. Adjusted tilt, and still nothing. PISSED!! :mad::mad::mad: LOL :D

Okay, not really pissed because cs only lives a couple of miles away.

Does anyone know wtf is going on with this, I have done dishes for years, but never a damn int'l!!!

I got to get this done so I can get paid!!:eek:

One other thing.....used standard round dish mast with mono-pole and smaller bracket. When I tried to tighten the two bolts to tighten it to the mast, there wasn't much tightness and the damn dish super tight still moves!! :mad::mad::mad: Okay now pissed!! :(!!!

I usually don't have any problems, except once in awhile.....

I downloaded the 95's for the Birdog, not sure if that will help? Someone said to align on 101, then check the 95 with Birdog so that is why I downloaded them, however they are not labeled "Directv" so not sure if this will work?

Maybe I should tell customer I have to do ground mount, and charge him $75 more? I miss ground mounting regularly from the old Primestar days......yah like hell I do.

Scott

Last edited:
Okay, there are several things to know about the 95 dish.
1) There are multiple focal points on the dish for the 101. Pointing the dish to the east of the azimuth, swing it back west until you get the first peak. Or you could download the DDSI for the 95 sat into your birddog meter and peak off that LNB.
2) There are 3 zone settings for the 95 LNB...you need to make sure that you've chosen the right one for your area.
3) The 95 dish needs to be aligned to the 101 with the 95 LNB in place!!!!!
4) Once connected everything is done, you need to reset the receiver and do a forced download once everything is connected back up.

Are you saying my birdog is saying the 101 found is really not correct?

Both lnb are attached on the bracket, I just ran two lines down the arm and put the birdog on the dual lnb for alignment and have a barrell right there so I can also check the 95.....

So you are saying one of those 95's on the birdog site I should be able to check with, I downloaded them all...

By the way, the Vietnamese channels are already showing up on the receiver, just says searching for sat, so do I still need to do the 0 2 4 6 8 force download?

do the download, and make sure your peaking in the correct 101, theres more than one sat in that slot, it should pop right up

it should read galaxy 95 on the bird dog. you will only get up to a 50% reading. make sure your mast is level, tilt & azimuth(the receiver will tell you) are correct and you shouldnt have a problem. I've done plenty of those dishes. if your using a two dish setup dont worry about the 101 on the 36"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)