Status
Please reply by conversation.

T134

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 27, 2011
Minnesota
AMIKO A3 is the name of the new, top of the line Android satellite receiver first revealed on Satellite Nation radio show. Dedicated official sites for Europe and North America have just went active this morning.

The Amiko Americas A3 site is still in the early phases. This site will be the official source for everything A3 in the Americas, New Zealand and Australia. Very select Authorized Retailers will be listed soon.

The official A3 site for Amiko (Europe) is further along and right now has additional details and pictures of the A3. Be sure to visit both sites.

A3logo.jpg

The frame with the HD slot on the European site used "your" one too many times.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'd be happy to let the web designer for the Europe site know but I am apparently missing the frame you are talking about. Our site is just starting so I'm sure that I'll manage a few mistakes in there, I always do. :)

EDIT: Found it on the SATA HDD page. Sent them an email, thanks for pointing it out.

Last edited:
It's the fourth frame where it shows the 2.5" HDD expansion slot.
I am not complaining, just thought in the rush to get the site up they made a
simple mistake, I have made millions in my 54 years.

Looks great on paper! I can't wait to read some reviews right here on Satellite Guys :)

Just a FYI/clarification. The hardware has been done for a long time, this is in production now. It has been in debug (where we find problems and fix) since last year and we've got almost 2 years into this project. A3 will not be a bug box or a test project for our users. Nothing is perfect and I don't expect this to be but I do expect the day 1 units in North America to be excellent. This is a big reason that I am going to Budapest for 2 weeks to work with Amiko/Edictum, before the release.

I also look forward to some Satellite Guys reviews and I can't wait to get A3's in peoples' hands!

The A3 sure looks very interesting! I like the style. Can't wait to see how it performs and where the price will settle in at!
Great job Joe :eek:.

Hi Joe
Are you planning an introduction/offer price for first buyers/users that will write the report?:rant:

Just a FYI/clarification. The hardware has been done for a long time, this is in production now. It has been in debug (where we find problems and fix) since last year and we've got almost 2 years into this project. A3 will not be a bug box or a test project for our users. Nothing is perfect and I don't expect this to be but I do expect the day 1 units in North America to be excellent. This is a big reason that I am going to Budapest for 2 weeks to work with Amiko/Edictum, before the release.

I also look forward to some Satellite Guys reviews and I can't wait to get A3's in peoples' hands!

LNB+ATSC

Hi Joe, the product description mentions the device is capable of ATSC & Satellite, however I can only see one LNB port ( I hope is F-female) but no port of the ATSC antenna. Is there any mistake and if not, how are you feeding the receiver with sattellite and NTSC to a single RF port?

Looks like one to keep a eye on, I like the inclusion of ATSC.
Just to clarify... it does NOT have built in ATSC support. For ATSC you will need a networked ATSC receiver such as a HD Homerun. You then run the Adroid HD Homerun app and you have ATSC. I understand it even interfaces with XBMC.

It's the fourth frame where it shows the 2.5" HDD expansion slot.
I am not complaining, just thought in the rush to get the site up they made a
simple mistake, I have made millions in my 54 years.

Got an email around midnight our time saying they fixed it. :)

Hi Joe
Are you planning an introduction/offer price for first buyers/users that will write the report?:rant:

There will be discounted pre-order pricing but nothing tied/conditional on writing a review. If (big IF) I am able to return from Budapest with early samples they will go to Retailers first and some select people get to knife each other to fight over any leftovers. :)

Just to clarify... it does NOT have built in ATSC support. For ATSC you will need a networked ATSC receiver such as a HD Homerun. You then run the Adroid HD Homerun app and you have ATSC. I understand it even interfaces with XBMC.

Yup to clarify there is only a built in DVB-S2 tuner. XBMC includes support for HDhomerun ATSC/DVB-T/C and USA cable. Personally I love HDhomerun on the "old" XBMC box and wouldn't trade it for a dedicated tuner but if we can pick a low cost but good ATSC USB device I have no objection to bringing a couple to Amiko with me in May and trying to get it supported. Will do a different thread for this topic soon.

Last edited:
Is this going to run a TV Headend & XBMC setup, or something else?
TVheadend/XBMC is how the "old" XBMC box was setup. Works well but kind of messy by USA True FTA standards. Amiko A3 uses Spark2 to do the front/back for sateellite. XBMC can of course be ran on the box but is not a required component.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)