Introducing Amiko A3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
BTW I plugged in headphones and it worked good, however I couldn't figure how to turn down the volume... The volume down button didn't do anything.

BTW I plugged in headphones and it worked good, however I couldn't figure how to turn down the volume... The volume down button didn't do anything.

Same thing happen to me.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Anybody know what the specs are on the maximum size microsd card this will handle? All I can find is that it can use them, but no specs on which types and size. I noticed that anything larger than 32gb (such as a 64gb) is "MicroSDXC" instead of just "MicroSDHC"

MicroSDHC=High Capacity (Up to 32GB, pre-formatted with FAT32), MicroSDXC=Extended Capacity (over 32GB up to 2TB, pre-formatted with Microsoft exFat file system). Both can be reformatted to other file systems.

MicroSDHC=High Capacity (Up to 32GB, pre-formatted with FAT32), MicroSDXC=Extended Capacity (over 32GB up to 2TB, pre-formatted with Microsoft exFat file system). Both can be reformatted to other file systems.

Ok thanks for the info, but do you know, can the A3 handle a MicroSDXC style card and use all the space?

Nope, just passing along what I do know about the sizes and formatting used when they come from the factory. In fact, I haven't seen any specs on size or type that can be used - only that it has a slot for them. Guess I would PM or email one of the sellers and ask them for the info since it doesn't appear to be readily available.

I pm'ed Joe, and he says the largest he's tried was 32Gb, and he believes that's probably the Max size it can handle. I ordered a 32Gb from Amazon for a good price: Amazon product ASIN B00IVPU786
IF anybody already has a larger capacity card laying around, please try it and see if it'll go above 32Gb's. Thanks!

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Sorry guys, I've been really busy with the new release and other things. Not to advertise for my forum at all but since Amiko Americas/FridgeFTA is the Americas distributor it is the official forum and I check there much more often.

To address a few things I see skimming...

ROM32 addresses the DiSEqC positions being off by one. This was a holdover in the code from when 1.2 positions were auto assigned. Please see notes here for how to adjust your system: http://www.amiko-a3.us/?p=84

FTA4PA and primestar31 have the correct information. This is a (micro)SDHC slot which means 32Gb FAT32 partition size is max. It could be that you can run a 64Gb card with 2 partitions but it has not been tested so zero promises. All test A3's here have 32Gb class 10 cards and work great, that is all I can say first hand.

Headphone volume issue: Scott had asked that we make SatelliteGuys Radio play full volume so it is locked that way LOL. Actually got a reply from the factory while typing this post, it is being worked on.

I’ll try a 64gb card in mine. It’s cheap enough. If it doesn’t work I can use it in my little tablet.

Reactions: T134
81%2BamGDQ-nL._SX425_.jpg

I've got one of these mini keyboards in the attachment, and it works perfectly after plugging the dongle into the A3's USB port. It's a lot easier to use than the remote air mouse.

I have a similar RF mini keyboard/touchpad connected through a RF powered hub. Works great for direct text entry, but prefer to use the RCU for most viewing. The voice control and air mouse functions are too convenient!

I use a Logitech k400 plugged wireless into a 5 port unpowered hub for surfing and typing and the air mouse for everything else works great..

I know this is an old thread but I'm posting here because Spark 2 PVR cliend addon has been mentioned here before.

I'm still trying to find a plugin that works, so I made a request in Kodi PVR support site here: forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233180

If someone already know about a solution, please kindly share with me. I find the Kodi solution much better than the apps and web being used.

If there are no solution available currently, please kindly support my request here. This possibility will make the A3 community much larger.

Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)