Invacom LNBF for prime focus dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeC55

Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I currently have a Pansat 3 foot portable satellte dish (prime focus) and an old .6db Pansat LNBF. I am thinking about purchasing the Invacom SNH-031 (LNBF .3db) and installing it on my dish.

It this possible? Can the Invacom SNH-031 be installed on a "prime focus" type dish?

I read Cascade's review but not not see if this LNBF could be used on a "prime focus" dish.

Thanks,

Mike

You'd have to first make sure you can mount a C-120 flanged LNB on the Pansat feedhorn. I'm not sure what they use as an interface.

I pulled a 36" prime focus dish out of the trash a couple of months ago. I haven't set it up since I'm sure my 30" offset Winegard outperforms it. The LNB blockage on a prime focus of that size makes a considerable difference.

The dish I rescued has a screw-together assembly which locks the feedhorn to the feed support arms. The LNB is secured to that assembly with four Phillips screws. It is (I believe) a Norsat .7 single polarity model.

Anyway, this LNB uses a WR-75 waveguide interface, which wouldn't work with C-120.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts