Invacom LNBF for prime focus dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeC55

Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
I currently have a Pansat 3 foot portable satellte dish (prime focus) and an old .6db Pansat LNBF. I am thinking about purchasing the Invacom SNH-031 (LNBF .3db) and installing it on my dish.

It this possible? Can the Invacom SNH-031 be installed on a "prime focus" type dish?

I read Cascade's review but not not see if this LNBF could be used on a "prime focus" dish.

Thanks,

Mike

You'd have to first make sure you can mount a C-120 flanged LNB on the Pansat feedhorn. I'm not sure what they use as an interface.

I pulled a 36" prime focus dish out of the trash a couple of months ago. I haven't set it up since I'm sure my 30" offset Winegard outperforms it. The LNB blockage on a prime focus of that size makes a considerable difference.

The dish I rescued has a screw-together assembly which locks the feedhorn to the feed support arms. The LNB is secured to that assembly with four Phillips screws. It is (I believe) a Norsat .7 single polarity model.

Anyway, this LNB uses a WR-75 waveguide interface, which wouldn't work with C-120.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts