Invacom Quad and Motor Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been out of state and I still haven't been able to get my system going. I tried the last settings from Oct. 29,2015- I replaced LNB with a universal LNBF , replaced reciever and by passed motor. I have hooked up just one of the linear connections and still no signal. I have used a signal meter and I get a 99% signal reading, but nothing on receiver. What gives- A friend of mine suggested that my dish could be warped. How can that be?? Please can anyone offer some support before I get ready to tear this thing down and trash it?? Any info as to what is going on will be greatly appreciated.- Joe G.
This is just my opinion,don't take offense, but,you need to step back,take a breath and start over.First do as previously suggested and remove the dish from the motor,remove the motor from the pole,reinstall just the dish on the pole,make sure the pole is plumb and straight.Reset the dish to the specs Ti gave you above.Take the receiver and a tv out to the dish and hook the receiver directly to the lnbf,no switches.Make sure the receiver is set for a universal lnbf,it is different from the QP you were using.Now you can fiddle with the dish with everything right in front of you till you get a signal lock and picture.Once you know it's working then you can try the motor,get that working and then you can add the switch for another receiver.
I gather that you have never done this before and you started with the most difficult set up to start with.Do the (relatively) easy first,then add the complications.

Reactions: Titanium
Well, I was finally able to secure a signal using the last set of instructions where I took the motor off, set dish on pole, followed all directions. Now I want to install motor , switches etc... What I find confusing is that dishpointer.com , for my lat. =33.74 , Long -112.33 gives me these settings. Motor lat at 33.74, elevation= 50.8, dish elevation at 40.0 degrees, declination at 5.5. Which elvation do I use??? dish elevation or elvation of 50.8??? Do I use true azimuth or mag. azimuth?? And do I subtract declination angle at dish elevation or where? I am really grateful for going this far with you guy's help, I want to go further. Thanks very much-JG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts