Invacom SNH-031 and Oval dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

neftv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
PA USA
I tried to get the SNH-031 to work on a Channel Master .76 oval dish (Dish use to be for Starband internet service) but I didn't have any luck. Is this LNBF better with a round dish or is it suppose to work with oval dish too? I had a spectrum analyzer and I know with the dish's own feed horn I was on a satellite then when I took the feed horn off and put the Invocom in place by holding it in place I could not see signal on the scope. Is the focal different to cause this? Any suggestions or comments?

Strange......did you set the L.O. to 9750-10600 for a Universal LNB?

When I tried it on the Reciever I did use 10600. I had signal but no quality showed up on its meters. On the scope I was flat lining but the scope has no way to set LO to 10600 which I thought it might be a problem.
When I held the LNBF on the feed mount I had the F connector point straight down too.

I did discover from Invacom web site that I needed the tone for the high band. No thanks to the packing material too. Anyway, I discovered now that something is causing the LNB to turn off then on again. On the spectrum analyzer I can see the one polarity and the other when I change the channel on the reciever but the LNB seems to turn on then off then on then off over and over and over again. I can't get a steady signal from the Invacom. I use the tone to do a A?B switch normally and that works and I even took the switch out and the Invacom was direct to the receiver same thing. something is pulsing the power in the LNB. Any suggestions?

Well I dont have the blind scan ability but I did try to rescan the programmed frequecies I have for a satellite that worked with regular LNB. Something is just pulsing (on/Off) the RF coming from the LNB like once a second or so.

neftv said:
... the LNB seems to turn on then off then on then off over and over and over again. I can't get a steady signal from the Invacom.... I even took the switch out and the Invacom was direct to the receiver same thing. something is pulsing the power in the LNB. Any suggestions?

This is the same thing that I was getting while trying to set up my dish. I finally just gave up because I couldn't get anything to work. I was using a Starbox USB so I thought it might be defective.

P.S. Can anyone suggest a "real"(NOT USB or Card) Receiver that does Blind scans and is under $100.

Thanks,
Cegarrett

neftv said:
Well I dont have the blind scan ability but I did try to rescan the programmed frequecies I have for a satellite that worked with regular LNB. Something is just pulsing (on/Off) the RF coming from the LNB like once a second or so.

if its a universal and you use 10600 make sure to turn the 22K switch on :)

I was actually told to use the Universal setting in my reciever and enter the two frequencies 9750 and 10600 and leave the 22khz off. Sometime this week I will try this.

In the settings, if you say Universal, the 22K greys out so you cant change it. It automatically understands it

But if you say standard and 10600 LO, you have to manually turn the 22k ON otherwise it won't scan anything (then LNB has to be told to use the upper part of the LNB frequency)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)