Invacom SNH-031 bad???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tbird635

Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
I can't seem to get anything with my new dish . I have 2 different receivers and suspect the LNB is bad. What strikes me as strange is the fact that the LNB is labeled for the low band only (Low 9.75 GHz ) with no mention of the high band on the label. I I have the Invacom SNH-031 with a Winegard dish. The two receivers I tried are a Twinhan Starbox and a Fortec 5900. The twinhan shows no signal while the Fortec shows a constant 70% signal with 0% quality, no matter where it's aimed. Should the LNB show both the low and high freq's on the label? I have a directv setup so I know there's no interference or obstructions. Help !

There is both a low and a high frequency on Universals. In your menu setup, you need to set it up as Universal (9750/10600 for LNB LO) or just set it up as
"Standard" with LO frequency of 10600 and turn the 22k on :)

Iceberg said:
There is both a low and a high frequency on Universals. In your menu setup, you need to set it up as Universal (9750/10600 for LNB LO) or just set it up as
I tried the Universal and got nothing, so I'll give that standard with 22k a shot . thanks!!

Iceberg said:
Ok...tried standard , w 22khz ... still nothing. Here's what I'm aiming at:
I have the dish aimed at IA5 at 97w (199 plus 6 for my
magnetic angle) with a 40 degree elev. angle and still
get nothing but a solid 70 db signal with quality at 0,
here's where I have it set.
http://satlex.net/en/azel_calc-para...&location=&la=41.51&lo=-83.71&country_code=us

As I get no quality strength, could this still be due to bad aim?
I used a brand new compass 10 feet from the dish to minimize the effect of the steel dish and a long string tied to the straight and level post to measure the angle. Any ideas?? I'm stumped. Thanks for all your help

tbird635 said:
As I get no quality strength, could this still be due to bad aim?
I used a brand new compass 10 feet from the dish to minimize the effect of the steel dish and a long string tied to the straight and level post to measure the angle. Any ideas?? I'm stumped. Thanks for all your help

Try using the elevation scale on the back of the dish. Also, if you are using an offset dish, the dish will appear to point at a lower elevation than where it is actually pointing. Prime focus dishes will have the LNBF in the centre of the dish and will point directly at the satellite, but offset dishes reflect the signal at an angle coming into the dish. Look at where the LNBF is mounted and imagine a line from the LNBF to the centre of the dish bouncing off the dish and into the sky. The angle of the single coming into the dish is equal to the angle of the signal exiting the dish and going to the LNBF. Most offset dishes have an offset of about 22deg. if I remember right.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts