Invalid remote codes for Vizio TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tpro

Original poster
Jun 20, 2008
With a recent software upgrade for the R15-300 DVR, DirecTV has added more remote codes for newer TVs, including Vizio.

Unfortunately, 4 of the 5 codes that are listed for Vizio cannot even be programmed into the remotes that I have. I have tried both the RC23 and RC24 remote models, and the results are:

10864 10865 11499 11758 : rejected by the remote; that is, there is no confirming double-blink after the 5th digit, and no change in the previously-programmed setting. What's up with that? Is there a newer model of remote that these codes are supposed to work with?

11756 *is* accepted by the remote, but it doesn't happen to work with my particular Vizio (P42HDTV) model.

BTW, the code that does work (kind of) with my Vizio is 10178, which is one that I found by luck and hard work, and which isn't even listed in the DVR's choices. I say "kind of" because the "TV Input" option does not work with this particular combination of remote code and Vizio model; basically, all I have ever been able do with the RC23 and/or RC24 is control the TV volume, mute, and On/Off.

Upgrades to the onscreen menu have no effect on what codes are preset into your remote, the code library your remote has now will NEVER get any bigger.

And yes there has been new remotes, the rc23 was replaced with rc32, which then got replaced by the current rc64 series.

The only code that will give you access to input commnd for vizio tvs is TV code 11758, which is only found in the rc64 remotes, which include the rc64, rc64r, and rc64rb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)