Investing in Super Soaker technology

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo, Jeff said power line, peds48 is being a bit pedantic is all.

Reactions: Troch77
Jeff in Indy asked, don't you need power to run the dish heater, I said yes, you said no.
Then you said they run an extension cord for power, which is what I basically said in my first post stating that power was needed.

We were just giving him conflicting info is all.
But I think in the end were saying the same thing.
Well, you dont need power at the dish (110). The heater comes with a low voltage wire that runs down to anywhere where you have power INSIDE the house, if the cable that comes with ht theater is not long enough you call always splice an extension cord to make it longer.

"Words, like eyeglasses, blur what they do not make clear."
-Joseph Joubert

I have this on my wall at work to remind me to write effective e-mails and documentation.

And actually the water poured over the dish evaporates very quickly while warming up the dish for a few minutes.

Yes — a general explanation
Hot water can in fact freeze faster than cold water for a wide range of experimental conditions. This phenomenon is extremely counterintuitive, and surprising even to most scientists, but it is in fact real. It has been seen and studied in numerous experiments. While this phenomenon has been known for centuries, and was described by Aristotle, Bacon, and Descartes [1–3], it was not introduced to the modern scientific community until 1969, by a Tanzanian high school pupil named Mpemba. Both the early scientific history of this effect, and the story of Mpemba's rediscovery of it, are interesting in their own right — Mpemba's story in particular providing a dramatic parable against making snap judgements about what is impossible.

Reactions: Troch77
Yes — a general explanation
Hot water can in fact freeze faster than cold water for a wide range of experimental conditions. This phenomenon is extremely counterintuitive, and surprising even to most scientists, but it is in fact real. It has been seen and studied in numerous experiments. While this phenomenon has been known for centuries, and was described by Aristotle, Bacon, and Descartes [1–3], it was not introduced to the modern scientific community until 1969, by a Tanzanian high school pupil named Mpemba. Both the early scientific history of this effect, and the story of Mpemba's rediscovery of it, are interesting in their own right — Mpemba's story in particular providing a dramatic parable against making snap judgements about what is impossible.
This is true in a Bucket of water, or Cup of water.
Cold water is more dense then Hot water.
But because the Dish has a Material coating on it to help repel water. And it is Standing upright.
The Hot water will roll off and Dry faster then it would freeze on the dish.
As you know Heated water evaporates much faster then cold water.

Cold water won't melt the ice. It will make it worse.

If you poured hot water on your Icy steps. Chances are it would be a sheet of Ice again in a few minutes.
But if you think Cold water won't be worse, your crazy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)