iOS 11

I dont know what happened to the author of Dishpointer... he just disappeared one day and I never heard from him again. (We use to be the official support forum for the Dishpointer program) And his website has not been updated in many many years.

I do hope he is ok.
I just saw this. Any chance you still have contact info for him? I use this app when tailgating and love it. I really hope it gets updated (although it doesn't sound likely based on your comment).

I really hope it gets updated (although it doesn't sound likely based on your comment).
What more do you need?

I suppose there will be some issues going forward with older 32 bit iOS apps not being supported by iOS 11 but that's the cost of giving over to Apple to make your choices. Backwards compatibility on Android is usually pretty good.

What more do you need?

I suppose there will be some issues going forward with older 32 bit iOS apps not being supported by iOS 11 but that's the cost of giving over to Apple to make your choices. Backwards compatibility on Android is usually pretty good.
I want it to continue to work on the new iOS. I don't need new functionality, just the same that it currently has.

There is a small bug in it (the Gold Master)

If you are in the App store and try rating an app it tells you that this is Beta Software and can not be used to leave ratings in the App store.

Try leaving a review.

IMG_7499.JPG

Yeah, I replicated it. I fully expect an 11.01 by next week anyways. And given that I don't review apps regularly, I doubt it will impact me! ;) :)

BTW, go to Settings, General, About, Applications to see a list of Apps that won't be supported by IOS 11. I have 11 but don't care about most of them.

Thanks. Did that and saw another app I use from time to time which is a stereo 3D camera IA distance calculator. This morning I got notices my Cardiologist app can be updated for iOS11. I'm trying to contact the security camera company to see what they have to say. It seems all their products' iOS apps are incompatible until they offer a new control app. I may have to keep my ipad on version 10 to see the DVR until it gets updated.

I have 41 apps that will not run under 11. I actually use 6-8 of them with any frequency. But only one really bugs me- I'll need a replacement. It isn't even in the App Store anymore. UConvertPro. I really like that one. Converts length, area, volume, speed, temperature, time, weight, pressure, current, currency etc etc. damn near everything. I'd actually pay for this app.

Sigh. Anyone got a suggested replacement?

Scott- I asked you what you are using for your Q-See security app now? Seems none of the Q-See apps have iOS11 updates available. I plan to give them a call later today. I use QS View for the QS4816 DVR. You recommended this system to me years ago and it has served me well.

I have 41 apps that will not run under 11. I actually use 6-8 of them with any frequency. But only one really bugs me- I'll need a replacement. It isn't even in the App Store anymore. UConvertPro. I really like that one. Converts length, area, volume, speed, temperature, time, weight, pressure, current, currency etc etc. damn near everything. I'd actually pay for this app.

AppBox Pro does a lot of that. Don't recall if I had to pay anything for it.

Reactions: navychop
Scott- I asked you what you are using for your Q-See security app now? Seems none of the Q-See apps have iOS11 updates available. I plan to give them a call later today. I use QS View for the QS4816 DVR. You recommended this system to me years ago and it has served me well.
My Q-See DVR died a year ago so I am not using the app.

There are hundreds of conversion apps like that. The hardest part is finding a good one.

My Q-See DVR died a year ago so I am not using the app.

Funny, Mine did a year ago too, but I tore into it and repaired it. :) While in there, I upgraded the hard drive for more capacity.

I believe the DVR will still send e-mail alerts with pictures, just that I can't access the admin settings to modify and play back recordings when away unless that app is working. Q-see is on PST so I will call later this afternoon.

Doing yard cleanup today, so back at it now. :( My Apple watch is tracking my heart rate at 107-110 just raking up the leaves and cutting up branches. Next job will be power washing which I hope will be a bit easier.

Yes. That's why I asked for suggestions. I haven't seen one so thorough and easy to use.
I used one or two on Android that I really liked - the design/look and so on - but they don't make an iOS version. I've downloaded a few and they were unintuitive or just ugly ! I had to double-check but I don't have one on my phone at the moment (I gave up looking).

I wish the App Store was better at ranking apps and giving details about it's popularity, # of downloads, etc. I mean, just because an app has been downloaded a million+ times doesn't mean it's "good" but it's generally a good sign. I also avoid apps that have just a few thousand downloads (on Android, my threshhold was 100,000+ downloads or higher or I wouldn't install it).

My adventure with Q-See customer service:

After several tries I got through to customer service by phone. I gave them my model number and who I purchased from even though my account was active and that info was all in my file. The lady who spoke said that since it has been two years since I purchased I no longer have permission to speak to their customer support people and hung up on me.

I dug around their web site and found they had a tech support chat room so I went to log in and my account was now deleted! Can you believe that? So I began a new account with same email. The tried the chat room again and got my question posted after waiting 15 minutes for a rep to come online. He said top wait while he looked for an answer. During the wait, Comcast shut down my internet again. So I went back to the Verizon Hotspot but now Microsoft decided I needed 14 updates to windows. How convenient. 45 minutes later, My system finally rebooted and I was back trying the chat room again. The same rep came on line after another 15 minute wait. I asked the same question. Plus I told him our first connection got interrupted by Comcast internet trouble due to Hurricane intermittent outages. He wasn't sympathetic at all. He responded- I told you before I will send you an email if and when we decide to update for iOS11. So I said That's great! What do you suggest I do in the mean time. He responded, go get another system that works with iOS11. I said just great, sorry I bothered you and disconnected.
Worst customer service I have ever experienced.

I got the impression that this CSR team is only for sales support and not really the developers who can address the issues like updates. The forum chat guy mentioned that they haven't received any updates to put out yet and no word from the manufacturer. There were some other inquiries about updates on other platforms and that was the response, so they are probably just as much in the dark as I am. All I can do is wait and keep my eyes open for his email. In the meantime my plan is to not update my ipad and use the app there as it works fine on iOS10.3.3

Reactions: littlecloud319

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts