iOS 11

Discussion in 'iOS Devices' started by Scott Greczkowski, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Hall

Hall SatelliteGuys Master

It just doesn't sync properly. If you delete a message on your phone, it will remain on the computer.

When all devices are using iCloud, it's nice. You can have the app open on your phone and computer, delete a message or message thread on either and it will instantly vanish from the other device. What I did run into was it frequently didn't sync properly if a device wasn't on or offline. Glitches like that are no doubt one of the (many) reasons why it's not released yet.

klang likes this.
  2. TheForce

TheForce SatelliteGuys Master Supporting Founder Pub Member / Supporter

I'm still trying to figure out why my phone sees all my wife's iMessages but she never sees mine. We're both on the same Apple ID and both on the same Verizon account. I don't get her voice mails though.

3. Foxbat

Foxbat Addicted to new HW Supporting Founder Lifetime Supporter

My in-Laws have this problem, too. The solution is to make a new Apple ID and set up Family Sharing using the existing account as master, then add the new account. That way access to all the Apps and Media is preserved, but things like iCloud storage and iMessages can be separated.

And the iTunes account can be different from the iCloud account (which is what happened to a lot of early Apple adopters before Mobile me/iCloud was launched).

4. klang

klang SatelliteGuys Master Pub Member / Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I did change all my iOS devices to message in iCloud. Seems to work as advertised. Messages app on Mac still functional. The initial sync to iCloud seemed pretty slow.

5. klang

klang SatelliteGuys Master Pub Member / Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The macOS update is out now.

6. Hall

Hall SatelliteGuys Master

Settings, Messages, Send & Receive >> I'm betting you have your phone # as well as hers listed there. Remove her #.

Foxbat likes this.
  7. Foxbat

Foxbat Addicted to new HW Supporting Founder Lifetime Supporter

iOS 11.4.1 is out for iPhones, iPads, & iPod Touch. Security fixes and for those paranoid iPhone users, the one hour after unlocking shutdown of the USB port is enabled. The settings position for this one is Positively Microsoft in its "Is it Set?" labeling.
    Apple Releases iOS 11.4.1 With Bug Fixes, USB Restricted Mode

Separate names with a comma.

More...