iOS 13 screwed up my mail app

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
Anyone else having issues using the iPhone mail app?

It’s taking forever to download messages and then it’s not downloading the entire message.

I would use a gmail app, but I use mine to check about 10 accounts

Supposed to be a fix, 13.1, due tomorrow. It's on my new phone but I'm not upgrading anything else until 13.1 is out.

Yes, there was a warning from the beta testers not to load 13.0 as it contains many bugs. 13.1 is supposed to be OK from what I heard. You'd think Apple would have pulled 13.0 and not let it go out.

Anyone notice ios 13 has several apps asking for access to bluetooth?

Never had that happen before, and didn't expect a video app and some of the others (like facebook) to care about bluetooth.

You'd think Apple would have pulled 13.0 and not let it go out.
It was part of the tariff madness. Apple had to ship phones earlier than expected to avoid the anticipated 8/31 tariff import deadlines, which meant they had to settle for minting a "13.0" release weeks ago.

There are a few reasons behind a wide-scale public release of 13.0, namely around backup/restore. You can't restore a backup made by a newer version of iOS than your device is running -- so say someone bought a new iPhone 11 on release day, migrated all their iCloud data as part of the upgrade, then decided they didn't like it and wanted to stay with their current iPhone -- if they had held back the 13.0 release, those people would have no choice but to keep the iPhone 11 or pound sand until 13.1 was released.

Reactions: TheForce
iOS 13.1.1 is here! I expect iPadOS is updated to 13.1.1 as well.

On the latest iOS upgrade, the Find My iphone and other Apple devices has been modified to include locations of other's in your favorites list. I am seeing people I have in my favorites list showing up now on the map wherever they are at the time. There is a setting in the Privacy menu where you can disable this so your device will be hidden from others who have you on their friends list. I'm not fully understanding on how this works but I have isolated my device now in the privacy settings.

iOS 13.1.1 is here! I expect iPad OS is updated to 13.1.1 as well.

Just a heads up, yesterday when using the "Dish Anywhere for iPad" app with iOS 13.1.1 on my iPad Pro, selecting the guide option goes back to the iPad home screen. Worked fine before iOS 13. Thought I would pass this along........

P.S. Today the app won't even let me successfully log in.

My daughter told me today that Apple recommends to be sure all apps are up to date before upgrading to iOS13+ Also, some apps by 3rd party may lack some features and even access unless updated to iOS 13+. If you don't update before iOS13, you may need to reinstall the app after the upgrade.

At least the new App Store App updates the Apps in the background now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)