• Waiting for the dust to settle: Letting others take the arrows

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • none

Votes: 27 62.8%

• Total voters
Neutron said:
I sure wish I could get rid of the stocks app.

Adjust hide it in an apple group of apps. It's no different than the rom based apps on a droid, they are built in. Not really sure what the big deal is, since you can organize your apps however you want.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Had to let the install completely wipe my ipad and then I had to manually restore apps afterwards. Would not back up the device, and gave a generic error when trying to do so repeatedly.

Now I have 6 pages of apps to wade through rather than the 5-6 folders I had.

Had to let the install completely wipe my ipad and then I had to manually restore apps afterwards. Would not back up the device, and gave a generic error when trying to do so repeatedly.

Been there, never fun.

I had to do that the last 2 times I updated the software on my phone, due to space limitations

We were lucky as we updated all of our devices including the kids iPod Touches with only a couple applications that did not support iOS 5. 1 app had already been fixed and there are just one more that I know of that still does not work correctly.

Apple should have the installer check to see what apps you have, and then either tell you which apps are incompatible or better yet if there's an update to it from the very beginning, and offer to go get the updated app to reinstall on your device.

Neutron said:
Apple should have the installer check to see what apps you have, and then either tell you which apps are incompatible or better yet if there's an update to it from the very beginning, and offer to go get the updated app to reinstall on your device.

Apps in iTunes don't self update. Not sure why but just the way it is.

Apparently I picked a bad time to buy a Apple Ipod Touch. My first.... maybe they solved all the issues prior to shipping it from China. Apple might let us "down grade" like Windows did for Vista. lol

Apparently I picked a bad time to buy a Apple Ipod Touch. My first.... maybe they solved all the issues prior to shipping it from China. Apple might let us "down grade" like Windows did for Vista. lol

There really isn't anything really wrong with ios5. If you have a new device the only real issue will be with applications possibly not supporting it yet. No worth downgrading IMO.

Sounds like an improvement Apple could do. :)

I personally don't want the applications to auto update. I want to be able to decide when I download the application. You will have much more issues with applications being forced upon you than the couple of issues from apps with a new OS update.

I personally don't want the applications to auto update. I want to be able to decide when I download the application. You will have much more issues with applications being forced upon you than the couple of issues from apps with a new OS update.

That's why it should be an option on each app like it is on Android apps, not all or nothing.

Since updating to iOS 5.0, SiriusXM APP removes my set favorites every time it is reopened. Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:
Now I'm getting random "incorrect voicemail password" error msgs, and not when I'm going to vm or use the phone. I don't think I even have a vm pw.

No problems with the phones I've upgraded except for a few random apps that aren't yet compatible including around 20% of the stuff I used to use from Cydia (jailbreak apps).

Holding off on the iPad2s at 4.3.3 until a jailbreak is available.

Regarding getting rid of the newsstand, there's a tweak in Cydia now called NoNewsIsGoodNews and it works great.

Has anyone noticed diminished Battery Life with iOS 5? I can actually watch the percentage points go away. At least my iPhone 4 isn't running hot like my original one did when it's battery flaked out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)