iOS 5.0

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

iOS 5.0 update problems

• Lost apps

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • never could get it to finish dl/install

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Bricked it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not enough space on phone to take update

• iTunes keeps launching itself

• Apps not working correctly

• Waiting for the dust to settle: Letting others take the arrows

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other (please describe)

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • none

Votes: 27 62.8%

• Total voters
My 3GS is now definitely sucking down the battery faster. Right now I'm at 84%, I started the day fully charged and have used it maybe 10 minutes.

Has anyone noticed diminished Battery Life with iOS 5? I can actually watch the percentage points go away. At least my iPhone 4 isn't running hot like my original one did when it's battery flaked out.

I can't compare with anything, but I notice when the display is on a brightness of more than 30percent it sucks it down.

I have my phone set to fetch rather than push email and at a relatively infrequent period. And I keep wifi whenever I can. Haven't had any problems getting through a day.

I am at 73% right now and I listened to an audiobook for 50 minutes while running today, and listened to Spotify in the car for 10 minutes. Plus a bunch of texts.

Had to let the install completely wipe my ipad and then I had to manually restore apps afterwards. Would not back up the device, and gave a generic error when trying to do so repeatedly.

Now I have 6 pages of apps to wade through rather than the 5-6 folders I had.

Decided to get my 6 pages of apps in order today. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be after I realized I could put folders on the dock.

meStevo said:
Decided to get my 6 pages of apps in order today. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be after I realized I could put folders on the dock.

Folders in the dock. I'll be danged.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I wish I could get stuff to actually sit in the notification pull down. The only things that will for sure are the weather, mail, and messaging. I have apps in the notification center that I want to show set as such but they won't.

I wish I could get stuff to actually sit in the notification pull down. The only things that will for sure are the weather, mail, and messaging. I have apps in the notification center that I want to show set as such but they won't.

Do you have them turned on in the Settings/Notifications?

Do you have them turned on in the Settings/Notifications?

I do. I even have those apps set to banners and everything is on. The one I really want in the notification area that isnt there is a data usage meter. I have a data usage calculator and I have the notification area set to on for this app but it won't show.

I do. I even have those apps set to banners and everything is on. The one I really want in the notification area that isnt there is a data usage meter. I have a data usage calculator and I have the notification area set to on for this app but it won't show.

Best guess is not all apps support it yet.

I bet Apple will add widgets to the app store in the future making it possible to keep stuff in the notification center as the weather widget is.

Also, the best I can tell, if there isn't something "new", it doesn't get displayed in the Notification pull-down.

Have you noticed the round "X" on an App in the Notification pull-down? When you press it, the "X" rolls to the left and becomes the word "Clear". Pressing it agains clears that App's current notifications from the pull-down.

I'm like a few others here. Since this update on my 3Gs my battery has been draining fairly quickly.
Maybe not as compatible with the 3Gs as with the 4 or 4s??

I bet Apple will add widgets to the app store in the future making it possible to keep stuff in the notification center as the weather widget is.

Given how little space there is, I am leery they would allow a free-for-all with notification bar widgets. But who knows.

rockymtnhigh said:
Given how little space there is, I am leery they would allow a free-for-all with notification bar widgets. But who knows.

If they're the same size as the weather widget, you could fit 7 or so before scrolling takes effect.

If they're the same size as the weather widget, you could fit 7 or so before scrolling takes effect.

I still doubt Apple will allow it. Apple is about form and function, about simple design; and cluttered notification bars seem more Android-like that Apple-like.

But I could be wrong. It has happened before, on occasion. :)

I'm like a few others here. Since this update on my 3Gs my battery has been draining fairly quickly.
Maybe not as compatible with the 3Gs as with the 4 or 4s??

I solved this issue by taking the stock ticker off the notification bar. Unless you need the active notifications remove them from polling all of the time on the network. I also set my email to only sync when I want it to. I only have my personal email on my phone so it is not a huge deal.

wifi connection to my router on my son's touch doesn't seem to be as stable. Was rock solid before iOS 5. I get disconnected every now and then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)