iOS Dish Anywhere App NOW with Integrated HWS Transfers!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
Update to the DISH Anywhere app for iPad that was posted today now includes integrated HWS transfers. Here's the changelog and the iTunes App Store link.

What's New in Version 5.2.1

-Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to your iPad and watch them anywhere, even without an internet connection!
-You can now set Parental Controls for On Demand & Transfers from inside the app.
-View and manage your iPad's ability to stream On Demand programs and Transfer content through Authorized Device option in App settings.
-View Closed Captioning text on Live, On Demand and Transferred programs.
-Quickly browse the most popular programs with What's Hot feature on the showcase screen.

-Additional bug fixes.

iPad App: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dish-anywhere-for-ipad/id378924512?mt=8

Just downloaded new version. Does not show the transferred programs that were transferred by the transfer app.

iOS programs are like Macintosh OS programs... meaning everything used by that program which is custom is stored within that programs container, meaning that shows stored in one program will not be seen by another program. Thus the new all in one app will not see the shows transferred in the old program.

iOS programs are like Macintosh OS programs... meaning everything used by that program which is custom is stored within that programs container, meaning that shows stored in one program will not be seen by another program. Thus the new all in one app will not see the shows transferred in the old program.

That's what i figured.

I would bet that the Hopper transfers app will problably stop working shortly after they release an all in one application.

I'm pretty sure its just dependent on the iOS. I think the minimum for the app is iOS6.
Does the older "Hopper transfers app" work on pre-iOS6 and if so, what will users who have older iDevices ?

Apple's answer is: Buy a new device....

If I go into Dish Anywhere on my iPhone 5s it tells me a new version is available and to click ok to download it.

So I click ok and it takes me to the Dish Anywhere App in the App Store, but its not the new version and the only option is open.

I am guessing the update has not hit all of Apples servers yet. :)

So I opened Anywhere on my iPhone 5 and it said there's a new version available. I downloaded it, and selected a program to xfer to the iPhone. It took pretty much real time, but I'm now watching Will & Grace on my iPhone! :D

They need to make all their new apps compatible with 5.1.1 and later.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I played with the new software on my iPhone last night for a few hours, and I LOVE IT. Being able to transfer to my phone is much better then transfering to my iPad. Now if I am sitting somewhere I can just take my phone out of my pocket and enjoy.

The Close Captioning was working as well.

Very NICE upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts