Patch cable question

DanM64

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 15, 2013
Mokena, IL
I am doing some rearranging of my home theater, and I am going to need to purchase a coax patch cable for my HWS. I know MoCA needs RG6. I am one who doesn't mind paying a bit more for quality, but at the same time I don't like to waste money on stuff like Monster Cable, either.

Does anyone have any recommendations on certain cables, or will any 3Ghz RG6 do?

You'll need a high frequency barrel connector too. The insert should be blue colored and don't forget to use good compression fittings.

Sounds good, thanks guys! I did pick up the blue F connector barrels aready so I'm set there. I'll pick up some cable this weekend. Much appreciated! I'll post some pics when I get the new plates installed and get everything cleaned up.

Home depot had some GE branded cable on clearance. It was 3ghz, 100 ft, compression f-connectors, quad shielded for $10. Works perfect.
Used the for the node to hopper. Using in house wiring -Belden Copper Core quads for the Joeys > overkill, but its already there. The Belden is rated 2.3 but it did work for the Hopper before I ran the new line as I suspect it can handle 3.0

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)