Possible 722k Problem

budhead151

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
Last night I lost HD on ESPN, SD is fine. Still out today as is HD on 122,138,158,167. I also have AAD for ABC CBS and FOX in SD and they are also in Complete signal loss code 11-12-14. Dish's are clear of snow,cloudy no rain. Already tried unplugging have not called CS yet. Also I do not have the Protection Plan. Any help would be appreciated.

20131222_141747_resized.jpg Previous sceen showed green OK on both satellites.

Check all coax and connectors. If good, I suspect the LNB.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

On the pic I sent do I click cancel or save? Also the ADD channels are on a separate dish pointed at 119 could both LNB have gone bad? Will go check coax now.

Solved it! Thanks every one. Coax going into grounding block was the problem. The center wire was rotted out. When I upgraded to HD they reused the coax from the 119 dish that was from the original install that I did myself in 1997! I just did a temp fix for now. My question is who is responsible for the rest of that old grey coax?

Nice job. if you replace the connectors with new compression style you probably will be fine, as long as there is enough slack to cut out the damaged sections.
GL

Solved it! Thanks every one. Coax going into grounding block was the problem. The center wire was rotted out. When I upgraded to HD they reused the coax from the 119 dish that was from the original install that I did myself in 1997! I just did a temp fix for now. My question is who is responsible for the rest of that old grey coax?
If you don't have the protection plan you are responsible.

pretty common, water will find a way. Check for how the water got to the connections if from a leak in the gutter or another source and eliminate that. Far too many times I replace these connections for people and inform them of a leaky gutter only to return in 6 months cause of the same issue and same gutter leak.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)