My Path to Hopper Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Shooter33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Western PA
Was having issues with my 722k http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/326152-722k-becoming-unstable.

So I decided to upgrade now, that was my plan just not at this moment.

My choice was 2 Hopper's w/Sling & 2 Joey's & OTA USB Modules

Anyways started a chat session to proceed with this upgrade.

Chatted with Chat Person 1
Chat Person 1: We will be shipping this equipment to your address Steven. The OTA Module USB costs 30.00 and I will be waiving the shipping fee for you.
Steven : That would be for 2 HWS and 2 Joey's....Correct ?? Can I add the 2 OTA USB Adapters with this work order also ??
Chat Person 1: Sure. So just to verify, you want 2 OTA Module USB right and this will costs you 60.00 for the 2.
Steven : Correct
Chat Person1: Great!
Chat Person1: Do you want me to take the changes now?
Steven: Yes

Everything seemed to go well then looking at my confirmation order email, I needed to discuss this with another Chat Person 2

Chat Person 2: Hi, Steven! How may I help you today?
Steven : I had ordered an upgrade to my current system...In checking with my upgrade email information. What was sent to me is completely wrong !
Chat Person 2: I’m sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.

Steven: What was sent in the email was 1 HWS with 3 Joey's & 1 OTA Module for $50
Chat Person 2: I understand. Let me check this out.

Steven: I need for the order to be correct as discussed with previous person.....I was interested in 2 Hopper's with Sling, and 2 Joeys. I was also interested in adding 2 OTA usb Adapters.
Chat Person 2: Okay. Let me check that for you.
Chat Person 2: Let me process this for you.
Chat Person 2: I was now able to modify your order. Also I already added 2 OTA usb Adapters.
Steven : 2 Hopper w/Sling & 2 Joey's ????
Chat Person 2: Yes.
Steven : Thank You !

In the meantime I PM'd MattG@ DISH NETWORK, whose originally contacted me when I was interested in upgrade information. While I was with Chat Person 2, trying to resolve issues from Chat Person 1. He offered to help me process this order. I was as above quote able to get this done finally with Chat Person 2.

Matt saw looking my order, the wrong Module was ordered (For the 722k :eek:). He fixed that for me.

The lesson learned for all is that DIRT Rocks !!:happydance:. The only reason I didn't process this through him was I didn't have a credit card registered with Dish, they need that to put a $1 temporary hold. He said the upgrade cost information he gave me any Voice / Chat Person would have the same info. No big deal:rolleyes:. Right

I want to Publicly thank MattG for his assistance.

Thank You also Scott for having users interact with Dish representatives .

If everything goes as planned.....:coffee. My install date will be on the 20th of December.....:everybodydance:

Thanks for all the help
Steve

Post Install Recap

Dish Installer arrived at 8:30am, took him about 1 1/2 hours to make some changes to wiring (For the Better). Then other than the required HWS - Joey setup, he was gone by 12:40pm.

He asked why I was on the Western Arc. Signal strength wasn't an issue although I noticed with basic rain & heavier clouds signal would drop. Anyways he moved me the the Eastern Arc, said would be true hd ? My signal strength should be in the 50's. Will see if it will make a difference.

Everything seemed to go as he planned, might of took longer for the prep work. I feel I was more knowledgeable due to being a lurker/reader of this site :whoo:So I was able to quiz and understand what he was talking about.

Well I do have to say that my TV viewing world didn't come tumbling down....:happyd2: with this upgrade.

All the basic items required to view Satellite TV is working "out of the box" ;). While I see a lot of tweaking needs to be done on my part, I feel a lot better than I have the last week when my 722k way dying.

The learning curve for myself is negligible, coming from the 722k. I do have a couple of hours to see where everything is to show an educate the rest of the family before they come home...:). I was surprised how intuitive the system is. There are channels that I didn't know existed ...History On Demand ??

Although discussed at length in another thread.....I do have to set up Favorite Channels or else I will be developing carpel tunnel :wacko:.

Overall my experience was very good, at least until something stupid happens :deadhorse:

Once I start figuring things out I will be back to ask questions.

Thanks
Steve

DIRT comes through again!!!

On Thursday morning i awoke to my "every 2 1/2 year vip722 is dead". Got on here and pm"d ZachS@DISH Network from dirt. Upgraded me to a hws and 1 joey from my dead 722 and a 211. He Set up the install for the next day. The tech showed up on time , once he got here he looked and also needed to replace the dish and installed everything to perfection. So a big thanks to ZachS@DISH Network with dirt for getting this done from my pm to the new equipment installed and running in about 20 hours!!!:)

Make sure you give the Hoppers 2-3 days to "cook" all the apps to life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)