My Path to Hopper Upgrade

Shooter33

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Western PA
Was having issues with my 722k http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/326152-722k-becoming-unstable.

So I decided to upgrade now, that was my plan just not at this moment.

My choice was 2 Hopper's w/Sling & 2 Joey's & OTA USB Modules

Anyways started a chat session to proceed with this upgrade.

Chatted with Chat Person 1
Chat Person 1: We will be shipping this equipment to your address Steven. The OTA Module USB costs 30.00 and I will be waiving the shipping fee for you.
Steven : That would be for 2 HWS and 2 Joey's....Correct ?? Can I add the 2 OTA USB Adapters with this work order also ??
Chat Person 1: Sure. So just to verify, you want 2 OTA Module USB right and this will costs you 60.00 for the 2.
Steven : Correct
Chat Person1: Great!
Chat Person1: Do you want me to take the changes now?
Steven: Yes

Everything seemed to go well then looking at my confirmation order email, I needed to discuss this with another Chat Person 2

Chat Person 2: Hi, Steven! How may I help you today?
Steven : I had ordered an upgrade to my current system...In checking with my upgrade email information. What was sent to me is completely wrong !
Chat Person 2: I’m sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you.

Steven: What was sent in the email was 1 HWS with 3 Joey's & 1 OTA Module for $50
Chat Person 2: I understand. Let me check this out.

Steven: I need for the order to be correct as discussed with previous person.....I was interested in 2 Hopper's with Sling, and 2 Joeys. I was also interested in adding 2 OTA usb Adapters.
Chat Person 2: Okay. Let me check that for you.
Chat Person 2: Let me process this for you.
Chat Person 2: I was now able to modify your order. Also I already added 2 OTA usb Adapters.
Steven : 2 Hopper w/Sling & 2 Joey's ????
Chat Person 2: Yes.
Steven : Thank You !

In the meantime I PM'd MattG@ DISH NETWORK, whose originally contacted me when I was interested in upgrade information. While I was with Chat Person 2, trying to resolve issues from Chat Person 1. He offered to help me process this order. I was as above quote able to get this done finally with Chat Person 2.

Matt saw looking my order, the wrong Module was ordered (For the 722k :eek:). He fixed that for me.

The lesson learned for all is that DIRT Rocks !!:happydance:. The only reason I didn't process this through him was I didn't have a credit card registered with Dish, they need that to put a $1 temporary hold. He said the upgrade cost information he gave me any Voice / Chat Person would have the same info. No big deal:rolleyes:. Right

I want to Publicly thank MattG for his assistance.

Thank You also Scott for having users interact with Dish representatives .

If everything goes as planned.....:coffee. My install date will be on the 20th of December.....:everybodydance:

Thanks for all the help
Steve

Post Install Recap

Dish Installer arrived at 8:30am, took him about 1 1/2 hours to make some changes to wiring (For the Better). Then other than the required HWS - Joey setup, he was gone by 12:40pm.

He asked why I was on the Western Arc. Signal strength wasn't an issue although I noticed with basic rain & heavier clouds signal would drop. Anyways he moved me the the Eastern Arc, said would be true hd ? My signal strength should be in the 50's. Will see if it will make a difference.

Everything seemed to go as he planned, might of took longer for the prep work. I feel I was more knowledgeable due to being a lurker/reader of this site :whoo:So I was able to quiz and understand what he was talking about.

Well I do have to say that my TV viewing world didn't come tumbling down....:happyd2: with this upgrade.

All the basic items required to view Satellite TV is working "out of the box" ;). While I see a lot of tweaking needs to be done on my part, I feel a lot better than I have the last week when my 722k way dying.

The learning curve for myself is negligible, coming from the 722k. I do have a couple of hours to see where everything is to show an educate the rest of the family before they come home...:). I was surprised how intuitive the system is. There are channels that I didn't know existed ...History On Demand ??

Although discussed at length in another thread.....I do have to set up Favorite Channels or else I will be developing carpel tunnel :wacko:.

Overall my experience was very good, at least until something stupid happens :deadhorse:

Once I start figuring things out I will be back to ask questions.

Thanks
Steve

DIRT comes through again!!!

On Thursday morning i awoke to my "every 2 1/2 year vip722 is dead". Got on here and pm"d ZachS@DISH Network from dirt. Upgraded me to a hws and 1 joey from my dead 722 and a 211. He Set up the install for the next day. The tech showed up on time , once he got here he looked and also needed to replace the dish and installed everything to perfection. So a big thanks to ZachS@DISH Network with dirt for getting this done from my pm to the new equipment installed and running in about 20 hours!!!:)

Make sure you give the Hoppers 2-3 days to "cook" all the apps to life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)