iPad Can't Find Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MVPinBoynton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2013
Boynton Beach, FL
I have searched several forums but have not found an answer to how to get my iPad to be able to find my Genie receiver. It just says it "Can't find receiver." The Genie shows up on my computer's network and my iPad has no problem with connecting to the network and operating devices. The only suggestion I have found was to make sure that Receiver Control is enabled; which it is. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am sure I have done something silly; but it is frustrating, since I have really been looking forward to using my iPad as a remote.

You may have to manually enter the ip address of the receiver.

The receiver is set up on the network. I can see it on the network and the on-demand works great. I am going to call D* about it today. I had read on the D* forum that in some cases the Genie had to be reactivated; but that at it could only be done if they send a new receiver. I will post if and when I find an answer.

Well I guess that patience is a virtue I need to work on. My iPad app now has my receiver showing. I guess it really does take 24 hours for everything to start working. I am sorry that I wasted everyone's time trying to solve my issue; but hopefully when other new D* customers have the same problem, they will have a thread to fine when searching for the answer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)