IPG Interface

EEJay

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
Just got FiOS TV Saturday after having the Internet service since February. As everyone says, HD content is as good as I've ever seen it, but the SD quality is vastly improved over DirecTV. No more macroblocking on SD channels.

Two questions for now though: Is there a way to move page-by-page through the guide instead of line-by-line. With DirecTV receivers, CH+ or CH- would move page-by-page, and the arrow keys would move line-by-line. When I use CH+ or CH- in the guide with FiOS, it just changes the current channel up or down.

Also, I can't connect to OnDemand. Is there something they need to do to set me up in the system?

page up and down will move it up and down. if you have the more common remote, look for the up and down arrows right below the last button.

I was given the new Phillips remotes when Fios was installed just over a week ago, ,& it has no page up/down , or Day + / - , or "list" ect.
probably what the OP has too.
I had an older light up universal remote & was able to progam it for the Moto DVR box, & it has working page up/down keys , but still no day + / -.
Check the Fios info channel "tutorial" videos ... The remote shown in those tutorials is Not the new remote I was given ... The new remote has a big round "FIOS" lit button in the middle, & a "DVR" butoon that replaces 2 buttons on the other remote .. "List" & 1 other ...

Last edited:
EE-
Are you receiving an error when trying to get VOD? Let me know.

If you are - they may not have your account set up correctly for VOD.

Yes - "Could not connect to OnDemand server. Try again later." Something to that effect.

I was given the new Phillips remotes when Fios was installed just over a week ago, ,& it has no page up/down , or Day + / - , or "list" ect.
probably what the OP has too.
I had an older light up universal remote & was able to progam it for the Moto DVR box, & it has working page up/down keys , but still no day + / -.
Check the Fios info channel "tutorial" videos ... The remote shown in those tutorials is Not the new remote I was given ... The new remote has a big round "FIOS" lit button in the middle, & a "DVR" butoon that replaces 2 buttons on the other remote .. "List" & 1 other ...

Right, the remote shown on the tutorial channel isn't the one I have. I also have the one with the big, round, goofy "FiOS TV" button. Any chance a Harmony remote would work?

page up and down will move it up and down. if you have the more common remote, look for the up and down arrows right below the last button.

Well, there is a "Page" label printed on the remote just below the Ch+/- button, but it doesn't work as expected.

Yes - "Could not connect to OnDemand server. Try again later." Something to that effect.

EEjay-
Most likely they don't have your account properly coded. Call into the FSC 888-553-1555 and tell them you can't access VOD and to check the coding of your account. This happened to me when I first got set up.

But, call during business hours (8-6) as the Billing / Encore area will have to correct this for you. Most likely, the check box isn't "ticked" correctly.

Right, the remote shown on the tutorial channel isn't the one I have. I also have the one with the big, round, goofy "FiOS TV" button. Any chance a Harmony remote would work?
I actually like the "looks" & ergonomics of the new remote, but it is just missing too many buttons / functions .
Using the guide to select future DVR recordings with just the 1 at a time arrow keys is slow ... (just a day +/- would be great),
I see from the tutorials that the older remote had a "live" button that's missing too..

Last edited:
Right, looks & ergonomics are OK, and I like being able to turn off the box, my TV, and my receiver just by pushing one power key. But for the Page +/-, would a Harmony remote be able to handle this since it's the same receiver as in the tutorial, just a different remote?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)